Fellowship Trained: Surgical Oncologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Oct 28th, 2014

Dr. Iddings was wonderful. His bedside manner was superb. He explained exactly what he was going to do and made it understandable. The surgery was done well and he was right on time for that. The office wait was long I believe because he saw me in the morning and had come from the hospital rounds and being that he is a very thorough doctor, he ran late getting to the office. I would highly recommend him to anyone. I felt that he cared and did not rush me and answered all my questions eagerly.

|  Business owner  |  show details
by Robert Swanson on Oct 8th, 2014

Clear explanation of procedures and results. Very calming attitude. Able to explain complicated conditions in lay terms. Shows deep concern for patient. Sense of humor. My kind of doctor.

|  Helped my mom tremendously  |  show details
by Davidson on Nov 1st, 2013

Extremely helpful in explaining the situation that occurred and followed up every day with questions and to check in on her.

|  BRILLANT, CARING>>>AND THE BEST!!  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2013

Dr. IDDINGS is the BEST! He had the drive.. passion, and concern of each patient in a way ALL Doctors should care about the practice! I truly felt important and in good hands, a man that cares about your whole being, your life and how he can take is Brillance and give VICTORY!! FANTASTIC...

|  Amazing Person and Surgeon  |  show details
by Mark Howell - Patient on Mar 26th, 2013

I would not be here writing this review today if it werent for Dr Iddings. Dr Iddings is more than just an amazing surgeon and doctor. He is fully vested in your health and success, and does everything humanly possible to ensure a positive outcome regardless of the diagnosis you are faced with. I was faced with a set of improbable circumstances in November, of which most other doctors would have chalked up to inoperable and walked away. Dr Iddings not only took on the challenge of my large and complicated tumor, but never broke from his positive outlook and optimism. He not only directed a successful surgery, recovery, and helped facilitate my treatments, but he was there every step of the way stopping by to check up on my family and I, following up with personal phone calls and texts, and always making himself available for consult at any time during any day. Dr Iddings not only saves lives, he touches in a way that is truly indescribable. This world is a better place because of him. I strongly recommend Dr Iddings to anyone and everyone seeking assistance.

|  Wife of Cancer patient  |  show details
by Christina Howell on Mar 26th, 2013

I highly recommend this physician. He literally saved my husbands life doing one of the biggest and toughest surgeries a whipple procedure. We were very shocked at the news of his stage 4 cancer diagnosis as he is only 30 years old. Dr Iddings was there for us and helped us EVERY step of the way. Our family has never trusted or respected a dr so much. He truly cared for my husband. I would never go to another Dr but Dr Iddings. He wants what's best for his patients and will do anything to help them! He is a dedicated surgeon who is personable and we have complete trust in him!

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Dr Iddings was successful in removing a large substernal tumor minimally invasive which most doctors would not have attempted. I highly recommend him.

Jan 31st, 2012

He answers all the questions until patient and family members are satisfied. He is a great surgeon and stick to the oath he took. I recommend highly. We were impressed.

Sep 29th, 2011

Dr.Iddings is the best! He is the most caring doctor/surgeon. I was sent to a diffrent surgeon he was the rudest and uncaring person and surgeon! Dr Iddings made me feel like a person with caring and understanding. and His staff is awesome Thank you

|  GIfted  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

This doctor is a lot younger than you would expect, can't be much over 40. He impressed our family. We were given no hope by another surgeon, but Dr Iddings said there was hope. He gave us the greatest gift. My father was smiling in the car on the way home. He lives still, over a year later. I am so grateful, and my mother prays for Dr Iddings and says she is just trying to help him to help others like he helped Dad. A life changing experience. From the darkness into the light.

|  Personal care is priceless  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

One-on-one care with Dr. Iddings has made the difference in my care and in my life.

|  Best of all opnions...  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2011

Had complex problem and went to U of M and Ford. Dr. Iddings was no doubt the best and I went with him. Patients choice and I see why...best care period.

|  super  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

Overall a great experience, besides the fact that I had cancer, and still have a chance of recurrence. It's gotta be hard being a guy in his position. Yes, he was a little stand-offish in his wording at first. Once I made my personality known to the guy he knew better how to relate to me. Overall, he makes me very comfortable. He's a very intelligent individual and a great guy to have on your team!

|  The only really good thing about cancer  |  show details
by Diane Lien on Mar 29th, 2011

With the exception of his medical qualifications, I feel I could have written the same things about Dr. Iddings as his web site did. He was a friend and ally in me and my husband's fight with cancer. Highly qualified and extremely down-to-earth, he lays it on the line. With the desperate highs and lows that come with cancer, I was extremely happy to have had Dr. Iddings on our side. He has, and is, helping us on so many levels. He is making our fight with cancer easier by relieving a lot of the burden. If you are lucky enough to have Dr. Iddings as your surgeon, I promise, you won't be sorry.

|  A doctor that really cares about his patients!  |  show details
by Vicki Caruana on Mar 3rd, 2011

I knew right from the beginning that Dr. Iddings would be the right doctor for me. He was upfront and honest about the care I would need, my prognosis and treatment. He has a very positive attitude that greatly helps his patients deal with their cancer and its treatment. He is always available to his patients and treats them as VIP's. He is highly educated and experienced and continually strives to do all that he can to better his skills to help his patients, e.g robotic surgery! You truly feel that he is with you every step of the way with your cancer treatment. He takes his role as physcian very seriously and his patients feel well cared for. He gets and A from me and I highly recommend him.

|  Just Tammy  |  show details
by Tammy Ross- Breast Cancer Survivor! on Mar 2nd, 2011

I met Dr. Iddings in August of 2007 after a diagnosis of breast cancer. It was a short walk across the parking lot to his office from my GYN. I felt very comforted and calm by him and his staff. I didn't have an appointment, and he took alot of time to answer all of our questions.After almost 4 years of follow up care, I feel blessed to have him for my surgeon.If you ever hear the words " You have Cancer" (and I hope you don't) go see him. He won't let you down.

|  Didn't give me enough info  |  show details
Jan 7th, 2011

I think my surgery could have come out better, if he would have taken the time to actually ultrasound my mass (instead of just reading an old report). My surgery was not as he described it to me. I think he's a cowboy--who likes to cut..but maybe could slow down a bit, and be a little more careful...He actually said to me, on my surgery day, "What are we doing?" geeze

|  Very conscientious  |  show details
by Linda J. Sadler on Dec 31st, 2010

I recently had ovarian surgery which resulted in a complete hysterectomy; at the time of my surgery Dr. Iddings discovered a mass deep in my pelvis wall which turned out to be stage I cancer. I am a breast cancer survivor also so this surgery, because of Dr. Iddings, resulted in me surviving cancer for a second time. I am now preparing for chemo, but I consider Dr. Iddings part of my "A" team and feel that he saved my life.

|  Amazing Moment  |  show details
by A very thankful person!! on Dec 15th, 2010

It is a special moment and unforgettable moment in life when you find those rare people that are truly amazing at what they do, no matter what it is. We found one of those special moments in Dr.Douglas Iddings and are thankful for his decision to go the hard road with my mom in performing a difficult surgery with such a passion and clarity og objectives. Dr.Iddings is truly a kind,top notch and very skilled doctor.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Dr. Iddings is a great doctor! He has great bedside manners and genuinely cares about you! Very professional. I would recommeded this doctor to anyone!

|  Caring and compassionate  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2010

My father was recently diagnosed with cancer, hospitalized and scheduled for surgery over the course of a few days. This was a major surprise and stress on our family. Dr Iddings could see that and showed genuine caring for the WHOLE family as he prepared for the surgery. I have never had a doctor spend as much time as Dr Iddings did making sure we all understood what was going on. He was willing to answer any technical questions, as well as seeminly silly personal questions, about what was going to happen. He treated every question and every person involved with respect. He made you feel like he had known you for years. In his words, "I treat people how I want to be treated."We have not been to his office yet, hence the blank scores above.

|  Highest rating for Dr. Iddings  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2010

My mom had cancer, every piece of literature and internet search said she had a few months to live. She prepared herself, said goodbye to everyone, set affairs in order, Dr Iddings did surgery, she recovered better than we could have hoped for, and surprised even Dr Iddings at how well she did. The kind of cancer she had was really bad and aggressive, but she lived over a year, got to see another grandchild born. Dr Iddings is amazing. Honest with us, but hopeful and hope-giving at the same time. Hope pays off sometimes. Our family owes him a debt of thanks that could never be repaid.

|  So lucky to have found this surgeon !!!!  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2010

My mother was treated for cancer which had spread locally, Dr. Iddings accurately diagnosed her exactly and within 2 weeks she was in surgery and all of the cancer was removed. He called the house to make sure she was ok after. He didn't have a nurse call, he called himself. This guy is pretty young, but he left my family, especially my mother, very satisfied with the care. My mother is a 2 year survivor now. She is back to work. Would recemmend this doctor without reservation.

|  good doctor, takes time with you  |  show details
Dec 15th, 2009

I came to see what about my tyroid gland that was swelling. My doctor sent me here to check on it. Dr Iddings take time to tell me what is about, wait to see if it is from cancer. Couple days he call himself, says no cancer. I come to see him after, my wife cry and Dr Iddings say everything ok, no cry. What a gentleman. I recommend him.

Mar 26th, 2009

Dr. Iddings is a very compassionate, dedicated and caring person. He has the well being of his patients always uppermost in his mind. He goes out of his way to make sure his patients understand everything about their illness. He is very approachable. Immediately returns his calls and emails. He is well like and repected among his collegues. He is very knowledgable. I would recommend him in a heart beat to anyone in need of an oncological oncologist. In my opinion he is the best!

|  This doctor takes his time with you, makes you understand what's going on.  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2008

This is a man who has deep respect and compassion, and he is a talented wonderful surgeon. He saved my life. Every day of my life I will say prayers for him to God. Wonderful.