Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
seen in emergency situation/less than optimal experience show details seen in emergency situation/less than optimal experience
Mar 30th, 2015

-seen in an emergency. Was rude and walked out on us when he didn't like my more natural medical approach. We were both overly tired and he was much nicer when he was rested. However he was not very considerate of my feelings during labor, but he seemed to get the job done I guess. Very cowboy "my way or the highway" type it seemed. But as I said we only saw him in an emergency as he was not our primary care provider so maybe he's just fine when you've seen him thru pregnancy. Not sure if Husband was grossed out or not at how he handled things in delivery room throwing blooding towels across the room ect but he definitely noticed this. This was our third child so it's not like my husband hadn't seen the process before. Like many Dr's, they're there to get the job done and get paid. He doesn't seem to really care about you or how you're feeling. Had a HORRIBLE time with billing dept. They can't keep insurance strait after you've talked to them 3 times. Finally just said o.k. on the third phone call explaining how they billed company #1 when they needed to bill Comp.#2, they seriously couldn't remember, switched the two around again, after I had just told them and I hung up. Seriously incompetent!!! -speak to a different person every time it seems and then they have to go talk to billing and put you on hold (training someone new? or normal) while you repeat the whole situation every time. Didn't even get a bill to us for SEVERAL months (baby almost one) and they act like we are way behind in paying when we just received the 1st bill. Not fun to deal with unless you have a lot of patience. We got thru it o.k. though. Baby and I seemed to be well taken care of though and I healed fast so wasn't totally bad. oh but he didn't actually make it in the room to deliver me. my care provider did that -thankfully.

Has delivered 3 of my 4 children! Great Doctor! show details Has delivered 3 of my 4 children! Great Doctor!
Mar 13th, 2013

I do NOT trust any other Dr.'s in the IF area but this one! He is highly experienced and has seen it all! Dr. Isbell is not C-Section Happy like so many other Dr.'s are. He won't perform one unless its absolutely neccesary! He carefully brings the baby out so you are not ripped or torn; which several other Dr's in the area are known to tear women to shreds. Not him! Never have had to have stitches yet! He is Great! He isn't the type of Dr. that will hold your hand and cottle you through your pregnancy months. Some women need the attention and senstitivity. I do not. This isn't my first rodeo. I Love that about him. Hes honest, upfront and like I said, he has seen it all and done it all! Very experienced! I also Love his staff!

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Nov 5th, 2012

He has delivered both of my children and he is an excellent and knowledgable doctor

this is the worst dr ever show details this is the worst dr ever
Mar 2nd, 2012

This Dr is horrible my wife in labor for 30 hours he was in the room two times our baby had to be in nicu for 4 days for being in labor I think that this we need to get together and a lawyer we had such a horrible experience that we almost did have any more kids

Frusated show details Frusated
Feb 4th, 2012

First pregnancy, and this office couldn't leave me anymore confused. No one seems to answer questions, nurse asked if I was the one with the miscarriage, and keep getting told my file is on doctors desk, he will call me back, still has not.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by Nancy Tubb - mother of Jennifer Hoff on Apr 8th, 2011

My daughter recently had surgery with Dr. Isbell. As a doctor's wife, I wanted to ensure that she was in capable hands. Someone wrote a negative rating, so we got a second optinion from another doctor. He stated that Dr. Isbell was a fine Ob/gyn surgeon which alleviated our concerns. My daughters surgery was more complex than expected, and Dr. Isbell came out to the waiting room to inform me prior to proceeding. The surgery went very well, the care was excellent and she is healing perfectly. Also, I noted that one of the nurse in Labor and Delivery stated almost all the nurses there used Dr. Isbell as their doctor. That says alot!!! Thank you for your expertise, Dr. Isbell

I Love Dr. Isbell show details I Love Dr. Isbell
Jan 18th, 2011

Dr Isbell is a very caring doctor, he's amazing when caring for me and my baby though out the 9 months of pregnancy as well as during delivery. Amazed and thankful for all his help and professionalism.

Sep 27th, 2010

I appreciate that he was always upfromt with me on several issues instead of lying to suit his own interests. Beware, there are doctors out there that do lie to suit themselves.

DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!!! show details DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR!!!
Apr 5th, 2010

I saw this doctor for 9 months for treatment of infertility. He put me on a drug that is only approved for use for 6 or less months, but I was on for 9 . He refused to do any other treatments, even though what he was doing was not only not working, but was making incredibly sick. He also had some really strange practices that my new OB has told me was completely of no use. He did a laproscopy on me and misdiagnosed me, something my new OB was able to confirm from his pictures before she even double checked. He was also completely inconsiderate of my feelings or anything. I experienced a miscarriage while he was treating me and he acted like it was no big deal & nothing to worry about. I was so unsatisified with this doctor that I tell everyone I know to never go to him. (As a by-word-of-mouth, a friend of mine told me after I left his practice that he almost killed her. Much like the other two comments he didn't treat her properly during and after the birth of her first child & it nearly cost her life!)

Neglectful show details Neglectful
by koperr on Feb 23rd, 2010

Due to this Dr.'s neglect I almost died after a hysterectomy in 2004 and have not been well ever since. I now have diseases that were set off by the horrible way my surgery was taken care of. My life is completely ruined, can't work, can't take care of my family etc. Do not go to this dr.!!!!!!!!!

Please don't go to him! show details Please don't go to him!
by Kamee P. on Aug 9th, 2009

This Dr. has ruined my life. I had an abdominal hysterectomy that turned into infection and this Dr. ignored me for 2 weeks as I sat at home and got sicker and sicker. High fevers, vomiting, green skin - in his office many times and he only looked at how the surgical are was healing. Would not listen to how sick I was. Finally crashed and went back into hospital for another 15 days with 2 months of iv antibiotic. He does not listen and does not care. Please stay away from him.