Douglas L Karmel MD Patient Reviews

• Memphis, TN

May 14th, 2014
Everything but the receptionist!
I have been a patient of Dr. Karmel's for 13 years and I love my doctor. The only problem I have is whenever you need to ask a question you have to go through an "FBI" investigation to talk to the nurse. The receptionist will ask if she's expecting your call and if not you have to leave a message. I only wanted to let them know that they called in an extended release instead of a slow release and that was it!!! Why do we have to go through a d@mn near background check with all the unnecessary questions. Just put the d@mn nurse on the phone and let her answer the question or at least find out if it is something that will only take a minute before you get an attitude and ask all those questions!! GEEZ!!! This could have been solved in 3-4 minutes. If I didn't really like my doctor I would find another just because of the receptionist!

April 2nd, 2013
Dr.Karmel always steps to the plate with his exceptional medical intelligence, personal care and ease of explaining one's diagnosis and treatment. I salute Dr.Karmel for maintaining my excellent health.

June 3rd, 2012
Excellent care
Dr. Karmel is an intense listener, quickly identifies the problem and refers you to the treatment or Doctor you need to solve the problem. He is not a "wait and see" medical professional. He is also very thorough and prompt with lab reports and personally responds to you in a timely manner. I've been his patient for 10 years+ and couldn't be more satisfied.

January 25th, 2012
A patient for life...
Wait times vary from as little as 5 minutes to as much as 15 minutes on a busier day. The staff are courteous and Dr. Karmel is the best. If a specialist is needed for diagnosis or treatment, he gets you an appointment promptly. He or his nurse will call to follow-up with labs and answer questions you may have.

April 19th, 2011
A Very Thorough and Caring Physician
Dr. Karmel is a very thorough physician who takes the time to get to know you, address your concerns and explain the issues involved with each diagnosis and treatment. My sister began seeing him about five years ago and slowly each and every one of my immediate family members have switched to this Internist because of his thorough and caring nature. He cannot be recommended highly enough. His nurse, Jean Marie calls each patient back promptly to report lab results and to just find out how you are doing. She has worked with me diligently to get medication authorizations through my often stingy healthcare plan. To date, she and Dr. Karmel have been able to get me everything I needed, and with Coventry, that is a feat in and of itself. Dr. Karmel is a country doctor at heart, right in the heart of Memphis.