A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Koch:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Koch is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Koch
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Koch Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Koch, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Cornea Transplant (Penetrating Keratoplasty)
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Vision Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Koch graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Koch has 9 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- Ben Taub General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Donald Koch MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas D. Koch practice?
- Dr. Douglas Koch has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Koch practices Ophthalmology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Ophthalmologists.