A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Lavenburg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Lavenburg, Ophthalmologist, Emergency Physician is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Lavenburg, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Lavenburg graduated from Northeastern Ohio Universities, Rootstown.
Dr. Lavenburg has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St Francis Hospital
- Union Hospital of Cecil County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Lavenburg accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas J. Lavenburg practice?
Dr. Douglas Lavenburg practices Ophthalmology near Elkton, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Newark, DE.
See Elkton Ophthalmologists.