Ophthalmologist, Emergency Physician
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Terri on Jan 29th, 2015

Very professional and friendly staff. Answered all of my questions. I left feeling like I was well taken care kf

Excellent Docter show details Excellent Docter
by Lisa on Jan 28th, 2015

I'm new to the area and wasn't sure what eye docter to see. Dr. Lavenburg was recommended by several people. I went for my appointment and was very pleased with Dr Lavenburg. He is very thorough and answered all my questions and concerns. I highly recommend him.

Very Professional show details Very Professional
by S. Parham on Jan 28th, 2015

Outstanding doctor. Outstanding staff. They make me feel comfortable and confident all is ok.

Assembly Line Woes show details Assembly Line Woes
by a former patient on May 29th, 2013

Starting to conk out, I heard Dr. Lavenburg brag to an observer about how fast he and his staff could crank out the cataract surgeries. I should have yelled, "Stop!" Fast does equal more money, but it equaled major problems for me and at least four others that morning. My eyesight is permanently affected. At a follow up visit, I momentarily thought he was concerned about me until he followed up with, "You don't know what something like this can do to a business."

Irresponsible Diagnosis and procedure show details Irresponsible Diagnosis and procedure
Apr 1st, 2013

I was diagnosed with "Angle Closure Gloucoma" after 1 visit and 1 supposed measure of high eye pressure. The OD (Bristow) told me I should get the Iridotomy and that it was a "simple- 2 second" procedure, just preventative. Dr. Lavenburg did not even see me or talked to me, and simply proceeded to do the procedure 2 weeks later. Now, the perfect vision that I had has been damaged and cannot be reversed. The damage is widely documented on the Internet by many patients that have had the same procedure. How can a responsible doctor (let alone human being) not even talk to the patient and explain the possible negative consequences that are so widely known, before he performs procedures? A simple examination of my eyelid vs. my pupil/Iris could have told him that I was not a good candidate for that procedure. Also a responsible doctor makes sure with documented evidence of his diagnosis, not only based on a technician's measurement. In this case, Dr. Lavenburg showed careless practice and judgement. I document all of this with the hope that nobody else goes through this same experience. I don't think damaging someone's vision is worth the money that this doctor is trying to make from these "simple 2-second" procedures.

GREAT SURGEON!! show details GREAT SURGEON!!
by mjw on Nov 5th, 2009

Dr. Lavenburg is a great surgeon. I know alot of information of surgeons in the area and he is one of the best!

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
Oct 26th, 2009

Dr. Lavenburg had to correct a problem created by another Dr. His technical skill prior to, during and after surgery was excellent. He and his staff were very sensitive to my fear due to the previous bad experience. I had an excellent outcome and am a fan for life.

Physician has an ATTITUDE !!! show details Physician has an ATTITUDE !!!
Sep 15th, 2008

Brings personal life problems to the practice