Dr. Douglas Luce MD Patient Reviews

• 6 reviews

January 9th, 2015
Former patient, with own pschycology dgree
You won't find a better doctor to treat you in this field, of being "abnormal" or feeling like you don't "fit in" or into anyone's "specialty or mold. Dr Luce is knowledgeable, kind and understands people and treats his patients with the utmost respect and doesn't "judge" people by their cover. Dr Luce does his due diligence and ask many questions before he gives a five-minute push you out the door clinic-kinda of doctor diagnosis.

November 7th, 2013
It is with profound gratitude that I write this review of Dr. Luce who has been treating my daughter for over a year. Dr. Luce is extremely bright, funny, kind and professional and has helped my daughter immeasurably as she grapples with growing up and becoming healthy.

April 16th, 2012
Amazing
I have a son with Aspergers and a daughter with Tourette's. My daughter started seeing him in second grade, when she was one tic mess, on top of that she had ADHD and OCD. She is in sixth grade now and the tics are almost completely gone. My son was seeing another psychiatrist at NYU for Aspergers. Though she was an excellent doctor, he refused to open up to her. For some reason, he started to talk to Dr. Luce when he accompanied us to my daughter's visit. We switched, and within two years, he was mainstreamed back into a regular middle school and in their honor's program. We have a long way to go but Dr. Luce gives very constructive advice, my children adore him, and I honestly can say he is a doctor who cares and makes a real difference. I am so happy our paths crossed.

November 11th, 2010
Quality caring individual, Dr. Doug Luce
Highly recommend Dr. Luce. He is a caring Dr. with a great personal manner. Comfortable to talk to and inciteful in his understanding to your situation.

July 15th, 2009
Yay for Doctor Luce!
I was placed with him while he was doing his residency at NYU, and I can't explain how grateful I am that I was.

May 8th, 2008
Excellent child psychiatrist
Dr. Luce is not only patient and thorough, but also relates to children extremely well. Furthermore, he displays a genuine sense of empathy for the parents of the patients that he is treating, and the frustrations that they may encounter.