A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Mathisen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Mathisen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Mathisen, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 40 areas:
- Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Bronchial Diseases
- Bronchial Fistula
- Clinical Research
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophageal Perforation
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Laryngectomy (Larynx removal)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchial Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer (Bronchogenic Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Mathisen graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 22 awards.
Dr. Mathisen has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Cape Cod Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas James Mathisen MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 37 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Douglas J. Mathisen practice?
- Dr. Douglas Mathisen has 5 office locations.
Dr. Douglas Mathisen practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Brighton, MA and Worcester, MA.
See Boston Surgeons.