A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Mathisen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Mathisen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mathisen
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mathisen Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Mathisen, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 40 areas:
- Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Bronchial Diseases
- Bronchial Fistula
- Clinical Research
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophageal Perforation
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Laryngectomy (Larynx removal)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchial Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer (Bronchogenic Carcinoma)
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Mathisen graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 22 awards.
Dr. Mathisen has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Cape Cod Hospital
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas James Mathisen MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Douglas J. Mathisen practice?
- Dr. Douglas Mathisen has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Mathisen practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
See Boston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.