Dr. Douglas Mcinnis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2016
Homemaker
He is thoughtful, compassionate and an excellent surgeon! I had a total knee replacement and I wouldn't go to anyone else for the other one!

November 22nd, 2015
Best surgeon out there.
Dr. McInnis is the best orthopedic surgeon I have ever been to. I have had more than a dozen surgeries from 7 different physicians and he is without question the most exceptional of them all. He has great respect for the patient and his profession. If I needed another surgery I would see Dr. McInnis without hesitation and would recommend him to anyone needing an orthopedist.

September 11th, 2014
Very pleased with whole experience for total hip replacement
After 5 years of trying other courses of action, I finally went to see Dr McInnis. He addressed my fears and explained thoroughly a course of action. The pre op instructions for my total hip and class were very valuable. The surgery and follow up care went perfectly. It is now ten months since I had the surgery and I feel ten years younger. I have no limitations and would highly recommend Dr. McInnis and staff

December 23rd, 2013
Great Doc. and staff
I think Dr. Mc Innis is a great Doc. He explains very well. He spent the time with me I need. His staff has been great. They are very friendly and helpful.I would recommend him to everyone.

September 22nd, 2013
Thanks
Hip replacement Feb '13, almost like new now. No pain, returned mobility, more energy...Hence the "Thanks."

May 18th, 2013
Highly Recommend Dr. McInnis for his expertise
I was in extreme pain for 5 months until I saw Dr. McInnis and he diagnosed AVN (avascular necrosis) of my hip. Within 2 weeks I had a total hip replacement. He managed pain medication so I experienced little to no pain after surgery. I followed his orders exactly with Physical Therapy. I am now healed 12 weeks after surgery, my incision scar is minimal, I still walk with a little limp but it is getting better every day and I'm sure it will soon be completely gone. I recommend Dr. McInnis to anyone who needs an excellent surgeon for hip replacement. His entire staff is very knowledgeable, helpful and always there for questions or whatever is needed. There are no words to thank Dr. McInnis enough for ending my pain and the person who referred him to me as well.

June 29th, 2012
Hip surgery
Dr. Mcinnis did a wonderful job on our grandmother's hip surgery. He was very professional, open, caring, honest about surgery and options. Thorough about follow up care. He even checked on her months after the surgery to check on her recovery.

February 22nd, 2012
Excellent surgeon.

January 27th, 2012
excellent care, dr. went beyond my care
Dr. McInnis went out of his way to speak to my family while I was in recovery, did an excellent job on my hip, would highly recommend him, and gave me excellent care and information about my surgery. My family and I can only say how grateful we are and how impressed we were with Dr. McInnis.

January 18th, 2012
BEST!!
He is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon and well known in Coeur d'Alene. My wife, daughter and son have all seen him. He correctly diagnosed our 2 year old dtr with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. My wife and I have referred multiple friends and family to him. 2 Sisters, grandpa two times, mother in law and 2 of our friends. None of these have had any post op complications. We will continue to see Dr.McInnis and recommend anyone to him.

August 18th, 2011
What you want from a Dr.
I went to the Dr. expecting to schedule surgery as suggested by an Orthopedist in another city. Dr. McInnis took a significant amount of time going over my knee issues,clearly explaining the pros and cons of such surgery on my type of knee. He said he could do the surgery because there were indications for it but strongly suggested I follow another course of action. I have since met two people with problem knees who have had this surgery and are unhappy about their current knee problems. My biking hiking, skiing have increased from pre injury levels and stairs are no longer insurmountable obstacles. I'm very appreciative of a Dr. who will work with the body's healing process other than going for the prescription pad or surgery as first choice treatments. treatment.

June 7th, 2010
Bad at arm surgery
Terrible experience with this man. He did an ORIF, tricked me into accepting the surgery, told me absolutely NOTHING substantive about the surgery before hand. I was left to find out on my own all the horrible side effects, numbness, loss of grip, site of incision, screws sticking out, the fact that he only works on unconscious patients etc. Also he was over an hour late for the surgery itself. Left me lying there in the hospital being drugged and charged by the minute for his tardiness. He left screws sticking out into my nerves, tendons and muscles, was sanguine about nerve damage, lied to me about the alternatives. I was upset so he fired me. I only found this out by getting my records. He didn't even have the decency to tell me to my face or send me a letter. I detest this person, wouldn't send a dog to him.