Dr. Douglas Minnich MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 5th, 2015
Dr. Minnich recently performed thoracic surgery on me. I could not be more pleased with him and his staff. If I had to call with questions, I was immediately put through to his office where I usually talked to his nurse practitioner on the phone. Dr. Minnich is a very thorough doctor who patiently answered any question that I had, explaining the answer in terms that I could understand. He was very friendly and courteous.

March 6th, 2015
Dr. Minnich is a top notch doctor and surgeon. I am very thankful that I was provided a referral to see him. I have zero complaints and offer nothing but praises for him and UAB. He literally saved my life!

December 22nd, 2014
retired military
very professional, explained all how, why's and answered questions. The entire staff at UAB is superb, time management beyond compare.

November 8th, 2013
Went with a family member that has lung cancer. Dr. Minnich spent time and explained it. Answered questions. I would recommend to anyone.

September 14th, 2013
IF I HAD TO HAVE CANCER....I'M VERY GLAD THAT DR. MINNICH IS TREATING ME! PRAISE THE LORD FOR DR. MINNICH!! AMEN!!

September 6th, 2013
Professional demeanor. Explained things to my family in a way we could understand. Appreciate his help during a difficult time.

March 2nd, 2013
No one is ever excited about having to see a surgeon. Aside from that, my experience with Dr. Minnich was positive. He was delayed in the operating room so I did have to wait to be seen. The time spent with me was very thorough. It's nice when a surgeon discusses non-surgical choices as well. Overall positive experience.

August 16th, 2012
Positive experience. There can be some wait time in the clinic but his time spent with you is worth it. Very professional. Explains in words you can understand.

May 24th, 2012
Very pleased with the experience with Dr. Minnich. He took the time to explain the things in words we could understand. Talked about all options including those didn't involve surgery. Would highly recommend.

January 28th, 2012
We were referred to Dr. Minnich by our Physician in Mobile Alabama. My Dad had a CT Scan performed due to some suspicious areas on a chest x-ray of his lungs... and was then sent for a Pet Scan...The Pet Scan showed a high SUV and the doctors were really concerned that it was cancer. He needed a biopsy and the regular type of biopsy was risky and his age was a factor...He is 84 years old...So went saw Dr. Minnich at UAB for the Navigational Biopsy. Everything went well according to the doctor and he called us a few days later with the results. He told us the biopsy was benign and the area of concern was only scar tissue and inflammation...We went back to see my Dad's pulmonary doctor 2 weeks ago and they wanted to recheck the area with another pet scan....WEll now the area has grown some and there is another place that has come up in the center of his lungs....So according to Dr. Minnich he had no problem obtaining a good biopsy...BUT IF he had performed a good biopsy we would have known it was cancer then and we could have had it taken care of then with the cyber knight treatment...but thanks to Dr. Minnich now it's too late...I always though UAB was a state of the art hospital but our opinion has certainly changed now....

December 28th, 2011
Daughter of the patient and a nurse
Very professional and helpful to my mohter. Dr. Minnich and the UAB staff treated my mother with respect and were very caring.

September 23rd, 2011
He is a great doctor with a lot of knowledge. I would recommend him to anybody.