Dr. Douglas Monasebian Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Monasebian?

July 10th, 2017

Great doctor

Completely professional, listens to his patients and has a great staff. My results were exactly what we discussed before the procedure and I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend Dr. Monasebian!

March 15th, 2017

Wonderful doctor

Aside from his superb surgical skill, Dr. Monasebian is a kind, gentle person who shows extraordinary care and concern for his patients' comfort and wellbeing.

May 17th, 2016

I went to see Dr. Monasebian because I had developed a problem with my c-section scar, ten years after the fact. I was not only unhappy with the way it looked, but built up scar tissue had become painful wearing certain clothing, anything that fastened around the waist with a button, snap or zipper. It had really become a problem. Not only did Dr. Monasebian completely understand my concerns, he supported the fact that I should be happy with my appearance, and that alone was reason to correct the problem. He and his staff could not have been more informative, professional, comforting and caring. I was clear on the details of my procedure from beginning to end and have had outstanding follow-up care. I couldn’t be happier with my results. I would highly recommend Dr. Monasebian for any cosmetic, dermatologic or corrective treatment. He is great!

October 8th, 2015

Horrible Surgery

Slowly losing vision in the right eye. Also, I have been in chronic pain in my right eye, and I have been taping my eyes shut every single time I need to sleep, I am very stressed, and losing sleep due to the chronic pain, and the taping of the eyes. Also, taping when napping, and taping on the airplane, and being clever with sunglasses, when traveling is horrible. When I went back to Doctor Monasebian, after the surgery, for my first follow up and he removed the bandages, he immediately became nervous and jittery, and I said things don’t look and feel right. He was very rude, extra nervous, and I had not been to a 2nd, or 3rd follow up yet with him. So it wasn't like I had been complaining, obviously he was already jumping the gun, because he knew he had already done something wrong. I even had a witness in the room for this follow up, my spouse. For the first surgery I was under general anesthesia, sleeping. For the second surgery I chose local anesthesia, awake, because he was supposedly correcting something, and since things didn’t go right for the first surgery, being under this local anesthesia I could watch what he was doing. Because I was awake, I was able to see that Doctor Monasebian did something very strange, he mashed down on my eyeball several times, and I thought, Im not a doctor, but this doesn’t seem normal. After checking with another plastic surgeon, I was informed that mashing down on the eyeball is not normal, and it is not something one must practice under any circumstances. After this surgery things were still not corrected, so I sought for advice from other plastic surgeon’s. One plastic surgeon had to pointe out to me, that I must tape my eyes shut, because Doctor Monasebian did not inform me, that my eyes were not closing properly, after his botched surgery. Thanks to this surgeon, I now know why my eyes were in chronic pain, and bloodshot all the time, because the doctor took off too much skin. Other problems that arose from the bad surgery. After surgery my eye was swollen like a baseball, and Doctor Monasebian said it was normal. Other surgeon’s said the eye will never swell like that, and obviously Doctor Monasebian didn’t know what he was doing. Right eye always dripping, Doctor Monasebian said that’s normal, other surgeon said, is he crazy? My eyes are still red and blood shot all throughout the day. Whenever I lay down on my right side, there is a sharp pain in my right eye. Soars and scabs around the eyes from taping them shut everyday. Another plastic surgeon evaluating the surgery said to me, “is Doctor Monasebian a real plastic surgeon?”

April 5th, 2015

Office is nice and cozy. Dr Monasebian is good for simple solutions such as scar revision , etc... If your problem is more complex then you should look for different surgeon with in depth knowledge in particular area.

January 27th, 2015

I received a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I am very satisfied with the results. The staff was wonderful. Dr. M was very informative and patient. I will recommend Dr. M to family and friends.

June 4th, 2014

Not good at all

Doctor performed poor surgery, it is not horrible but it sure is not great either!!! I wish the doctor would have not lied to me and promised me things and than not fallow trough with good work.

June 20th, 2013

Thoughtful, Skilled Professional

I saw Dr. Monasebian for a rhino/septoplasty. After the initial procedure, a calcification formed that was noticeable ---- not due to Dr. M, just the way things healed. He removed the calcification at no additional charge, and things have since healed beautifully. Not only is the staff professional and kind, but they are great at what they do.

March 27th, 2013

Dr. Monasebian has been a wonderful plastic surgeon! His staff is outstanding. I highly recommend him.

November 14th, 2012

I had a tummy tuck done and got great results I'm so happy with it my scare its so thin can't hardly see it Dr.Monasebian was so nice made me feel very comfortable so did the nurses and staff were all wonderful they would call and always checked on me I highly recommend him it was well worth it.

September 25th, 2012

Very happy

I had been suffering for over 5 yrs with implants that were way too large and one that had a bad contracture. Plus they were not symmetrical. Dr. Monesabian stuck with me to make sure we achieved great results with a Breast lift and revision with much smaller implants. I was a difficult case since I have a tendency to form scar tissue, so he took a different approach with smaller textured implants. Feel like a new person already as my body heals. No longer weighed down with breasts that were way too large for my small frame and no more scar tissue! Wonderful caring staff. I would recommend highly to anyone. He also stitched up my teenage sons' knee that had a huge gash after he was released by incompetent Doctors from a hospital in Westchester. Will continue to see Dr Monesabian for other treatments in the future.

August 19th, 2012

Not a good choice

I was left with post surgical scard that were abnormal and crooked due to poor stitch teqnique. I feel I left a war rather than a Manhattan plastic surgeon office. After a search on the net I see others also share bad similar experiences to my own.