Dr. Douglas Moreland MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 14th, 2017
Had a micro disc
He was a real jerk, when I went in for follow up the pain was far worse then it was before surgery. He said...well every surgery doesn't go well! Have more nerve damage and he said...I can't do anything more for u, and sent me to a pain managing dr.

September 2nd, 2016
I was most impressed with the amount of attention and care I received. Office staff always attentive and polite. Dr. Moreland and Lindsay took their time explaining and answered any questions I had. Very comfortable office.

February 12th, 2016
does back surgery and then blames stiffness on my age which is only 63! I wasn't "stiff" before surgery doc- so what did u do!!!! And 63 is Young!

February 11th, 2016
awesome, only thing I might change, that he, they read the records more thoroughly..Loved all of them... Impressed with the longevity of the staff in the office, etc..

January 19th, 2016
I have been to Dr Moreland's office twice and have been taken back to be seen immediately. Almost zero wait time. All staff very friendly and professional. Dr Moreland spent all the time I needed to answer all my questions. At no point did I feel my appointment was rushed like I have felt with other Providers. I just had a spinal fusion by Dr Moreland and was up moving around after two days. I am now home recovering and cannot believe the pain relief from surgery. My left leg is no longer numb. I have surgical pain but that is expected. I would recommend Dr Moreland and his staff to anyone with spinal issues. I could not be happier with the care I am receiving.

July 9th, 2015
Dr Moreland is an extremely well educated surgeon with a patient satisfaction seunnel surgeries and one major open back surgery

June 18th, 2015
Potentially the worst doctor I have ever had. Besides being a poor physician and condescending, the majority of the information in his report that I received was incorrect, and even the information I gave to him verbally was recorded incorrectly.

May 14th, 2015
Stay away from spinal fusions - do your research and get second opinions
My primary wanted me to seek a neuro consult after an MRI revealed issues with my L4-L5. I did my research and sought Dr. Moreland, who I read was pretty conservative. I went for my consult and was shocked he was suggesting a spinal fusion. While I have had episodes of pain...I have not felt loss of quality of life...I go very long stretches without any issues. I did appreciate he said to get a second opinion. I did and was happy to hear I was not a candidate for the surgery....three criteria to look for...loss of quality of life (you can't get out of bed..ever), numbness and tingling, loss of control with bathroom abilities. I have had none of these! Make sure you do your homework! If you do a spinal fusion, the average span of time where you have no pain is three years...and then you're back for more!!! You can always have the surgery...you can't undo it! Stay away...seek opinions from physiatrists or physical therapists! My life was saved!

September 5th, 2014
Shocked by the Negativity
I am shocked to read the negative reviews of Dr. Moreland. I have had 3 surgeries done by him. The first two were very successful. The first, about 11 years ago, was on my lower back.. I have no lower back pain since then. Three years ago, we worked on C6 and C7, completely resolving my problem. Last week, I had C5 taken care of. It's a little too soon to say how successful, but I have every confidence that it will be fine. Dr Moreland even joked with me, apologizing to me. When I asked him why, he responded. "I can't give you a new spine."

February 1st, 2013
His assistant examined me but he never did, instead he stood at the doorway & stated there was nothing he could do, that my problem was from aging. Thank goodness I got a second opinion , had surgery & now my problem has been resolved. I would never refer anyone to him!

September 26th, 2012
He is very nice and friendly but seems confused at times
I had a pretty good experience, but not fully trusting your Dr. is hard to overcome.

September 15th, 2012
Pretenious Liar
I do not like this Dr. he is nice to your face and then will write ridiculous off the wall things in a report about you. I don't think he seems to know what he is talking about and is very insulting.