Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

2.5

Feb 12th, 2016

does back surgery and then blames stiffness on my age which is only 63! I wasn't "stiff" before surgery doc- so what did u do!!!! And 63 is Young!

Feb 11th, 2016

awesome, only thing I might change, that he, they read the records more thoroughly..Loved all of them... Impressed with the longevity of the staff in the office, etc..

by Sam Guida, Buffalo NY on Jan 19th, 2016

I have been to Dr Moreland's office twice and have been taken back to be seen immediately. Almost zero wait time. All staff very friendly and professional. Dr Moreland spent all the time I needed to answer all my questions. At no point did I feel my appointment was rushed like I have felt with other Providers. I just had a spinal fusion by Dr Moreland and was up moving around after two days. I am now home recovering and cannot believe the pain relief from surgery. My left leg is no longer numb. I have surgical pain but that is expected. I would recommend Dr Moreland and his staff to anyone with spinal issues. I could not be happier with the care I am receiving.

by David Newcome on Jul 9th, 2015

Dr Moreland is an extremely well educated surgeon with a patient satisfaction seunnel surgeries and one major open back surgery

Jun 18th, 2015

Potentially the worst doctor I have ever had. Besides being a poor physician and condescending, the majority of the information in his report that I received was incorrect, and even the information I gave to him verbally was recorded incorrectly.

Stay away from spinal fusions - do your research and get second opinions show details Stay away from spinal fusions - do your research and get second opinions
May 14th, 2015

My primary wanted me to seek a neuro consult after an MRI revealed issues with my L4-L5. I did my research and sought Dr. Moreland, who I read was pretty conservative. I went for my consult and was shocked he was suggesting a spinal fusion. While I have had episodes of pain...I have not felt loss of quality of life...I go very long stretches without any issues. I did appreciate he said to get a second opinion. I did and was happy to hear I was not a candidate for the surgery....three criteria to look for...loss of quality of life (you can't get out of bed..ever), numbness and tingling, loss of control with bathroom abilities. I have had none of these! Make sure you do your homework! If you do a spinal fusion, the average span of time where you have no pain is three years...and then you're back for more!!! You can always have the surgery...you can't undo it! Stay away...seek opinions from physiatrists or physical therapists! My life was saved!

Shocked by the Negativity show details Shocked by the Negativity
by Barbara Hulsing on Sep 5th, 2014

I am shocked to read the negative reviews of Dr. Moreland. I have had 3 surgeries done by him. The first two were very successful. The first, about 11 years ago, was on my lower back.. I have no lower back pain since then. Three years ago, we worked on C6 and C7, completely resolving my problem. Last week, I had C5 taken care of. It's a little too soon to say how successful, but I have every confidence that it will be fine. Dr Moreland even joked with me, apologizing to me. When I asked him why, he responded. "I can't give you a new spine."

Jan 31st, 2013

His assistant examined me but he never did, instead he stood at the doorway & stated there was nothing he could do, that my problem was from aging. Thank goodness I got a second opinion , had surgery & now my problem has been resolved. I would never refer anyone to him!

He is very nice and friendly but seems confused at times show details He is very nice and friendly but seems confused at times
Sep 26th, 2012

I had a pretty good experience, but not fully trusting your Dr. is hard to overcome.

Pretenious Liar show details Pretenious Liar
Sep 14th, 2012

I do not like this Dr. he is nice to your face and then will write ridiculous off the wall things in a report about you. I don't think he seems to know what he is talking about and is very insulting.

Thanks for the warning show details Thanks for the warning
Apr 25th, 2012

My first visit with Dr. Moreland(consultaion) I agree with alot of what Im reading, Iam canceling 2nd appointment, I left with a bad vibe.

Talk is CHEAP! show details Talk is CHEAP!
Mar 19th, 2012

I am coming up on 2 years from the surgery date with Dr Moreland. He told me 3 months to full recovery. Then at the 3 month mark, he changed his mind to 6 months, then it went to 1 year. For me, it was a very big mistake going with Dr. Moreland. I had two office visits after the surgery where he was a no show. Oh sure they took my co-pay but never did they call me to inform me he couldn't make it. The PA Jennifer walks in like shes some big shot. And she tells me, "well if your still in pain, you will just have to live with it." Are you kidding me? Listen up people, go to another doctor. This guy is not worth the risk and your health. I'm proof of that.

Stay away from!!! show details Stay away from!!!
Feb 15th, 2012

I would not recommend Dr. Moreland to anyone. He did two surgeries on me both neck and back which have to be done over. He is uncaring, rude, and lies. I was in constant pain in my lower back and he kept telling me it was fine. It finally blew out and caused permanent nerve damage. If you have seen him and he said everything is fine, get a second opinion. If you were a accident,he may even recommend his neighbor/friend to represent you.His PA Jennifer is also a joke. His PA Greg is the only decent and honest one, he should have been a doc.

Jan 8th, 2012

Never though I would rate a doctor but for what's it worth to anyone out there seeking information on this doctor.The first few office visits well. I did get a second opinion and had surgery with Dr Moreland. I have regretted it ever since. I wish I would have went elsewhere. I was told "this is the gold standard" for repairing the issue at hand. Years later I have nothing but pain. The follow up with him (when he showed up for an appointment) was a joke! In and out in less than 30 seconds. I was told by a PA, "whatever pain you have remaining, you'll have to live with it". So much much for professional care. I live with numbness and pain everyday. Do your homework folks because it's your life and no one should suffer AFTER surgery.

Rude and Condescending show details Rude and Condescending
Dec 21st, 2011

My visit with Dr. Moreland was a shock. He was completely rude, didn't even want to hear from me when I spoke, and in fact, cut me right off mid sentence more then once. He couldn't have been bothered to read the paperwork, the same paperwork I spent a lot of time filling out. He was asking questions I had written answers to on the paperwork, and I got to a point I actually got up from where I was sitting, and pointed the answer to the question he was asking me that was plainly written on MY paperwork he was holding in his hands. Acted in a frenzied hurry, couldn't wait to get me out the door, rude with zero respect for me as a person. Let this man do surgery on me? NO! Do NOT allow this man to touch you!And for those of you who consider Yoga as physical therapy, you will know that this man does not consider this therapy. If it's not physical therapy, what is it?

Jul 9th, 2011

As a health care professional I accompanied my daughter to see Dr. Moreland for possible back surgery. The expeerience could not have been more positive. The office staff was kind and courteous, the para-professionals (especially Greg the PA )were kind and caring. The nurse Liz was wonderful and Dr. Moreland himself was OUTSTANDING, He was thorough,direct with explaining what needed to be done,and very helpful in making the arrangements for surgery and follow- up. After traveling 100 miles each way for this consult his professionalism was greatly appreciated. Please consider Dr. Moreleand for any neurosurgery required

very rude,doesnt read reports or records and is cocky as if your stupid show details very rude,doesnt read reports or records and is cocky as if your stupid
Mar 26th, 2011

this doc is the rudest. fast to get in the office, he has terrible attitude. they tell you oph bring all reports,xrays,etc,you fill out the office paperwork about conditions,medical history. then he comes in,acts rude and condescending. asks what your there for, does not read all the information they request. what is this guy doing? if he cant take time to read,or see who sent you to him(referring dox is next door) this is not a good doc. find another and tell everyone you know dont go here.

worst dr. ive ever met! extremly rude. show details worst dr. ive ever met! extremly rude.
Sep 30th, 2010

horrible bedside manner, told me my problems was "between my ears"?? and i need 2 see a psychiatrist. i can barely lift my legs while laying flat and point my toes,and my mri showed 2 herniated discs and mild disc degeneration. he told me i was fine and 2 get my head checked out?! and left the room. i left crying,limping and worst of all no explaination other than "its all in my head"?!!

my experience show details my experience
by Michael C on Jun 14th, 2010

a no nonesense doctor. professional and direct. answers questions well and likes a well motivated patient who wants to improve there quality of life. covers alternatives before surgery, I have had a neck issue for better than twenty years, I went in had the procedure and I feek great only wish I would have sought surgery sooner.

Dr Moreland show details Dr Moreland
Apr 20th, 2010

In 1998 he performed my third surgery. The day after the surgery the pain started and its hasnt stopped since then. I think he did trauma to my nerves causing RSD. within a month of my surgery, I sought another opinion. I found that I had a blockage in my cervical and needed surgery immediately or elso I would of been paralized. I wouldnt recommen him. I would have a vet perform surgery instead of him.

Oct 13th, 2009

So far Dr. Moreland has been a wonderful person and Dr. He takes his time to answer even my dumbest questions and dosnt blink! Great guy and very confindent in what he is doing

no bedside manner show details no bedside manner
by unhappy on Jul 23rd, 2009

Very poor in the area of following up with patients. two many "Chiefs". Doctors will not return calls. only associates. Think twice if you want real care. This is a rarity but in his case its not rare, it doesnt exist.