Dr. Douglas Newbold Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Newbold?

Binge Eating Disorder

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Newbold?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 8th, 2016

I've been going to Dr Newbold for years, I have only had good experiences. I would recommend him to anyone.

January 24th, 2016

Just don't.

I have seen Dr. Newbold as a stand-in a handful of times. He is arrogant and not knowledgeable on treating anything outside of garden-variety medical issues. He is currently covering for a Dr on leave, mismanaging patients into the ground.

February 23rd, 2015

I cannot tell you how much I love this doctor. He always listens to me and is informative. He's so easy to talk to about any problems. I seriously wouldn't go to any other doctor!

January 20th, 2015

I would NOT recommend him

I took my 4 day old baby to be seen by Dr. Newbold because he was really lethargic, floppy, and not eating well. I called my pediatricians on call doctor as well. I had an appointment the following day with my pediatrician, but was concerned enough to go into kidscare on the weekend. Dr. Newbold told me that the weight loss was okay and that his temperature was low. He sent us to get some labwork, and said a nurse would call us with the results later. The only thing mentioned later when the nurse called was the CRP and bilirubin were elevated. And then she told us to keep our appointment the next day with our pediatrician, and to return if my baby became lethargic, floppy, or would not eat. Ummmm, that's why we took him to them to begin with!!! I took my baby to my pediatrician the next day (who had just seen my baby 2 days prior), who reviewed all the labs Dr. Newbold ordered, and she was really concerned about how low the platelets were (not mentioned at all when the results were called to us the day before). I also explained his eating habits and showed her what we had recorded just as I had done with Dr. Newbold, and she stated the weight loss was significant enough to be concerned. She also mentioned that the elevated CRP and low temperature were indications of an infection and instructed us to take our baby to the hospital immediately. She also said that if she had seen us yesterday, she would have sent us to the hospital then. Both doctors have access to all the same information being with the same company, and these changes were quick and significant. My baby was severely ill, being hospitalized for 2 weeks and an infection that went septic and caused liver failure. 24 hours went by! 24 hours is a ton of time for things to get really bad in a newborn. Now, if Dr. Newbold had reviewed the labwork, paid attention to the amount of intake recorded/weight, paid attention to the vital signs and temperature, and listened to me and not brushed me off, maybe things wouldn't have been so severe. He actually had the nerve to call into the ICU room requesting to talk to me to tell me that my baby probably would've still ended up in ICU even if he had sent us straight to the hospital the day he saw my baby. He did nothing for us except take our money. I will not be returning to that office ever again.

July 17th, 2013

He truly cares.

Dr. Newbold is always positive. He is truly concerned about my family. He cares about my whole self not just the current concern. He spends as much time as needed to help, but keeps to his schedule well. He is well versed in the numerous illnesses I have. I don't ever want to change doctors.

November 9th, 2012

Great Doctor!

I would highly recommend Dr. Newbold. I've been going to him since he started practice and even though I've moved away I still drive to him for all my medical needs. He is very caring, understanding and kind and has always taken the time needed with me. He has sent me to some excellent specialists when needed. It is too bad he isn't taking new patients - he is so busy. He is wonderful!

January 26th, 2009

awesome beside manner

Dr. Newbold lets you know that he really does care for you both physically and mentally. I have sent all of my family and friends to him and they love him also. Best doctor ever!!!

February 3rd, 2017