inactive

Douglas A Newton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

August 8th, 2015
Mother of adolescent patient
This physician appears to be intelligent and well educated, but has the poor physician-patient (and parent) communication skills, is rude, and unable to establish rapport.

July 5th, 2011
Even for KP standards, I can't recommend him
Kaiser Permanente builds its entire mental health program on saving money. This means that you are paired with a doctor based only on his/her availability. Dr. Newton might be a fine child and adolescent psychiatrist, but as an adult, I found him to be condescending and unhelpful. I have a bipolar 2 diagnosis, and he was surprised that I seemed different from one appointment to the next - I seemed almost, well, bipolar. He isn't helpful in regular visits, he is terrible if I call in a crisis (I just need to learn to "deal with it,") and he arbitrarily added a personality disorder to my diagnosis that he can't really explain to me. I am figuring out how to get out of his care without looking like the flaky doctor shopper.