Dr. Douglas Nuelle MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 26th, 2015
Dr. Nuelle is a miracle doctor as far as I am concerned. I have had a hip replacement and two knee replacements done by him. He is the reason I can walk and got my life back. I had seen several doctors and just could not get comfortable with what they said. Some of my problems with my joints were passed down from my ancestors, as Dr. Nuelle would say. I had to make sure I had the right doctor and I did. I will always be grateful to Dr. Nuelle for all he has done for me and his staff has always been the best. I traveled from Fl. to Blairsville to have my surgeries. That tells you a lot. That is how much faith I have in Dr. Nuelle.

November 11th, 2014
Will Not Return
I waited 2 1/2 hours to see the dr. When I was placed in a room, the door was left open, as well as the two doors across the hall, so I could hear everything going on w/other patients. His demeanor was not friendly, he looked at my x-rays, and I asked about my knee and back problems. He said my arthritis pains were normal for my age, I asked what could be done for the pain, and he told me to take Ibuprofen, I said I'd been doing that, and it wasn't enough. He told me to take a higher dosage. He wasn't in the room with me for 10 minutes, and walked out.

October 15th, 2012
Misdiagnosed in the most serious of manner
He misdiagnosed my son! Said he had "tennis elbow", only did an xray and came to this conclusion?? Went for 2nd opinion, thankfully! Son had to have surgery to have "7" pieces of broken bone chips removed from his elbow! He was rude and told my son he "He did not have the gene make up to be a baseball player or pitcher"! Among other things! Told him he would never play baseball again! Surgeon who did his surgery said that without this surgery that my son would have NEVER healed and more than likely lost the use of his arm bc the bone chips were lodged in the joint and had the elbow locked up! I cannot not imagine how many other patients he has done this to and they just took his word or how many more he will do this to! It is a crying shame! We waited over 1 hour and 30 mins after our appt time and 4 other patients were taken ahead of us that were not even there when we checked in and our paperwork was ALREADY turned in before the other patients checked in! Shame and disgrace to be treated this way! Thank God we did not except his word and followed out instincts for another opinion!

May 21st, 2010
Total Knee Replacement
I could not have been happier with a surgeon. Dr Nuelle, told me what to expect and when to expect it. He did not sugar coat anything, he told me when he would do it and how long it would take. I am in my fourth week of recovery now. Everything Dr. Nuelle said I would feel has happened. He came by my room everyday, sometimes twice a day just to check up on me. When ever he sees me around the hospital he makes a point of stopping to see how I am doing. The hospital Fannin Regional, was the best. The food was better than I could have asked for. Good variety, and well balanced. The staff was also very good at checking on me. When I had some excessive bleeding one night they very quickly cleaned me up and the bed and never complained about the extra work I had caused them. Very friendly and professional. The physical therapist was very diligent in her care for me. She would come twice a day and worked with me for a long time. I believe my healing is going along so well at this point because of the great care she gave me from day one of my surgery. If you have never had knee surgery let me tell you now it will hurt and you will be up on your new knee hours after the surgery. I know it seems like it might be too soon but it really is fine and you will be on enough pain pills that you won't really notice the pain. The pain really does get less as time goes on and you will stop taking a lot of the super heavy duty pain meds. But it will hurt like nothing I can describe. I have lived with a bad knee for 20 years. I had worn away both bones so they were flat. I had to have the surgery. I could have gone to any doctor in any state but I choose Dr. Nuelle. He uses the best equipment and utilizes the latest techniques. It seems rather strange for a top notch Orthopedic Surgeon to be located way out in the county, but this is where he decided to live. Luckily I found him.

November 17th, 2009
Dr. Nuelle would be the only Ortho Surgeon I will ever consider seeing for future needs. He is the Best! And so very good at what he does...Years of experience, enthusiastic, and patient-centered in his approach. So is his fantastic Staff!