2 total knee replacements show details 2 total knee replacements
by Jane M on Feb 9th, 2015

I went to Dr. Padgett because a friend of mine had a hip replacement by Dr. Padgett. My initial appointment with him lasted one hour. He explained everything that would occur with my surgery. I had the first knee surgery in June/2013 and the second a year later in June/2014. Both surgeries went well and I spent just 3 days in HSS. Dr. Padgett visited at least twice a day. He was very friendly and competent. Follow-up visits are always pleasant with him. He also consented to see my daughter who has severe arthritis of both knees,but is too young to have replacements. She hopes he will be able to perform her surgery too. He is wonderful!!!

surprisingly unresponsive and argumentative show details surprisingly unresponsive and argumentative
Mar 19th, 2014

Arrogant and insulting manner. Did not follow through with further consultation and still await recommendation for a referral. Took issue with and totally dismissed a suggestion from another doctor without discussion.

Professionalism and humanity. show details Professionalism and humanity.
Mar 6th, 2014

I do not generally read reviews because they are often biased by subjectivity due to personal background or lack of knowledge on the matter; this time is different though. In 2013 I underwent left and right THR seven months apart, and, being absolutely happy about the result (6 days after surgery I already walked for 3 hours in Central Park, and now I do Zumba every day and I take Argentinian tango classes twice a week), I suggested Dr. Padgett to the husband of one of my friends, because he needs to replace both his knees. However, after two days they called me asking me to read some of these reviews. In my opinion, Dr. Padgett doesn’t need any review because of his well-known high level of professionalism. In addition, I think reviews should be read only before buying a kitchen appliance, and this great surgeon is not a refrigerator. Ultimately, we should choose surgeons considering their success statistics and I do not agree with some of these negative critics. Therefore my statement is as follows: I judge his follow-ups to be above average for accuracy and dedication: he nurtures his patients like only a parent does with his kids. I feel confident enough in saying that no other doctor is like him. It has to be understood that he is our surgeon, and not our nanny. Therefore, when we suffer for a certain amount of pain, a very normal fact after a surgery, we do not have to call him. When we are dismissed from the hospital we are provided with all the possible suggestions and tools to face some difficult moments: very strong pain killers, use of ice, placing our leg on a cushion, and the suggestion of wearing the ActiveCare pumping system 24/7 (this was the most effective tool for reducing my pain.) I added a personal ingredient: common sense, which, trust me, is always useful. Besides, if I were Vitals, I would not submit reviews that are not written by the patients themselves, because they risk being unsupported arguments, meaning not valid, and Vitals itself can be judged an unsound website.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by sjlm on Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Padgett spent an unusually long time at all visits discussing what I was going to have done, what I had done, how to do rehab, and general conversation. When I was In the hospital he visited twice a day. The results of my hip replacement have been remarkable (to me -- maybe they're common) in absence of pain and speed in getting back to all normal activities.

He's a pleasure show details He's a pleasure
by mike lennon on Dec 20th, 2010

Great doctor, great guy, reat bedside manner...what else to say? You'd be lucky to have him work on you.

No follow up call. show details No follow up call.
Aug 10th, 2010

After cat scan test, no call from doctor was made to patient.

The Miracle Worker show details The Miracle Worker
Dec 4th, 2009

I had a deformed hip from a childhood accident. In June Dr. Padgett performed a complicated hip replacement surgery which included correcting a limb length discrepancy. After just five months, I feel SO much better! Discomfort that I lived with for years is gone and my range of motion and external rotation are continuing to improve. I no longer need to where a lift on the outside of my shoe. I feel like a new person, and call Dr. Padgett my miracle worker!

by Laura on Feb 6th, 2009

I am a short statured person and needed bilateral hip replacement. Due to my bone structure I required specially designed hips. Dr. Padgett accepted the challenge and he and is team did an excellent job.