Knuckleheads show details Knuckleheads
by Tom Gorton on Jul 6th, 2016

I was recommended to this doctor. It took 30 minutes of busy signals before someone answered the phone and put me on hold for 30 minutes. Then we were unable to schedule an appropriate because I could not remember the name of the last doctor that I saw 18 months ago. Seriously??? What does this doctor care about what someone told me 18 months ago. He should be doing his own tests and making his own diagnosis and recommendations. I seriously wonder if he knows what kind of knuckleheads are working in his office. As for me, I will go someplace else.

Apr 19th, 2016

Dr. Padgett replaced my right hip ten years ago. I have recommended him to many people since then and they have all thanked me for the referral. In my opinion, he is the best! I will visit him soon as I am having pain in my left hip. I would not go to anyone else.

by frank calamari on Mar 9th, 2016

Highly recommed

Professionalism and humanity. show details Professionalism and humanity.
Mar 6th, 2014

I do not generally read reviews because they are often biased by subjectivity due to personal background or lack of knowledge on the matter; this time is different though. In 2013 I underwent left and right THR seven months apart, and, being absolutely happy about the result (6 days after surgery I already walked for 3 hours in Central Park, and now I do Zumba every day and I take Argentinian tango classes twice a week), I suggested Dr. Padgett to the husband of one of my friends, because he needs to replace both his knees. However, after two days they called me asking me to read some of these reviews. In my opinion, Dr. Padgett doesn’t need any review because of his well-known high level of professionalism. In addition, I think reviews should be read only before buying a kitchen appliance, and this great surgeon is not a refrigerator. Ultimately, we should choose surgeons considering their success statistics and I do not agree with some of these negative critics. Therefore my statement is as follows: I judge his follow-ups to be above average for accuracy and dedication: he nurtures his patients like only a parent does with his kids. I feel confident enough in saying that no other doctor is like him. It has to be understood that he is our surgeon, and not our nanny. Therefore, when we suffer for a certain amount of pain, a very normal fact after a surgery, we do not have to call him. When we are dismissed from the hospital we are provided with all the possible suggestions and tools to face some difficult moments: very strong pain killers, use of ice, placing our leg on a cushion, and the suggestion of wearing the ActiveCare pumping system 24/7 (this was the most effective tool for reducing my pain.) I added a personal ingredient: common sense, which, trust me, is always useful. Besides, if I were Vitals, I would not submit reviews that are not written by the patients themselves, because they risk being unsupported arguments, meaning not valid, and Vitals itself can be judged an unsound website.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by sjlm on Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Padgett spent an unusually long time at all visits discussing what I was going to have done, what I had done, how to do rehab, and general conversation. When I was In the hospital he visited twice a day. The results of my hip replacement have been remarkable (to me -- maybe they're common) in absence of pain and speed in getting back to all normal activities.

He's a pleasure show details He's a pleasure
by mike lennon on Dec 20th, 2010

Great doctor, great guy, reat bedside manner...what else to say? You'd be lucky to have him work on you.

No follow up call. show details No follow up call.
Aug 10th, 2010

After cat scan test, no call from doctor was made to patient.

by Laura on Feb 6th, 2009

I am a short statured person and needed bilateral hip replacement. Due to my bone structure I required specially designed hips. Dr. Padgett accepted the challenge and he and is team did an excellent job.