A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Plagens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Plagens is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Plagens
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Plagens Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Plagens, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Plagens graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Plagens has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Oakwood Heritage Hospital
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas G Plagens MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Douglas G. Plagens practice?
- Dr. Douglas Plagens has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Plagens practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Dearborn, MI.
See Dearborn Surgeons.