Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Puryear
Dr. Douglas Puryear, MD, FCCP is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with another office in Midlothian, VA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Puryear is affiliated with Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital, Memorial Regional Medical Center and Henrico Doctors' Hospital. Dr. Puryear has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Puryear has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues,...
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
Dr. Douglas Puryear is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.
Dr. Peter Torrisi
Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine
Richmond, VA 0 mi37
Dr. Glenn Giessel
Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine
Richmond, VA 0 mi35
Dr. Alice Herlihy
Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine
Richmond, VA 0 mi10