A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Johnston:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Johnston, Cardiothoracic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Johnston, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Diseases
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnston graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Johnston has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- CCHS Cleveland Clinic
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Johnston accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 3 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas R. Johnston practice?
Dr. Douglas Johnston practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Surgeons.