A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Johnston:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Johnston, Cardiothoracic Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Johnston, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Diseases
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Pulmonary Embolism
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnston graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Johnston has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- CCHS Cleveland Clinic
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Johnston accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 3 plans
- CareSource - 3 plans
- SummaCare Health Plan - 7 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas R. Johnston practice?
Dr. Douglas Johnston practices Surgery, Otolaryngology, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Pulmonary Disease near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Surgeons, Cleveland Otolaryngologists, Cleveland Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Cleveland Pulmonologists.