A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Johnston:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Johnston, Cardiothoracic Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Johnston, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Diseases
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Johnston graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Johnston has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic
- CCHS Cleveland Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Ross Johnston MD is a male Surgeon, has 13 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Douglas R. Johnston practice?
- Dr. Douglas Johnston has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Johnston practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Cleveland, OH.
See Cleveland Surgeons and Cleveland Cardiothoracic Surgeons.