Dr. Douglas Macleod Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Macleod?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Macleod?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 16th, 2015

Nurses are generally good. Front office staff is rude!

March 27th, 2015

I have taken all three of my children to Dr. MacLeod for years. He takes plenty of time with his patients. He is accurate and knowledgeable.

January 7th, 2015

Amazing pediatrician who cares!

Dr. Mac as my son calls him is amazing. When we moved to Columbus 8 years ago we tried several practices in town before finding Dr. Mac. You can schedule a sick appointment the same day, you see Dr. Mac unless he is out of town (which is rare) and he actually gets to know your child. He remembers my son, his interests etc. He genuinely cares about my child and his well being. We have had some anxiety issues with our son and Dr. Mac has been there every step of the way to help us find a good counselor and psychiatrist. He even follows up with them to see how my son is doing. I know this because the psychiatrist told me this and that Dr. Mac is the only pediatrician he has ever had call him simply to see how a patient is doing. I highly recommend Dr. Mac and his staff is great too! He spends as much time with you and your child as you need and always answers questions completely.

October 2nd, 2014

Great Pediatrician!!

Dr. Mac is an awesome pediatrician!! He is always so knowledgeable and when you don't fully understand a diagnosis, he explains it in no hurry until you understand. Even drew pictures on the bed sheet to show me why newborns spit up! (First time mom!!) :) My son was hospitalized in ICU for a week last year, and Dr Mac went every single day on his lunch break and after hours to check in on him and see that he was getting the best care possible. He even spoke with his colleagues and fellow doctors in Columbus after my son was discharged so that we wouldn't have to drive all the way to Atlanta for follow up appointments. He is amazing, and I'm dreading the day that he retires!! Definitely would recommend him to family or friends. As far as his staff, everyone is great! Michelle is the only rude person, when she wants to be and has days where she is overly sweet. I am not too fond of her attitude, but until Dr. Mac retires I will endure her attitude.

April 9th, 2014

Horribly rude office staff

Dr. MaCleod and his nursing staff are AMAZING! But I'm beginning to think going here is not worth having to deal with the horrible woman who sits out front MICHELLE. I've never encountered someone so rude in my life! It's very uncalled for! I can understand her not being so nice if I were rude with her, but I have always took great pride in going above and beyond to treat others with respect and how I would want to be treated. This woman has no business working in customer service! I know several people who have stopped seeing Dr. MaCleod due to her "lack of class" and I can not take it anymore myself. It's a shame we have to miss out on great care for our children due to an office employee with a chip on her shoulder.

April 3rd, 2014

He is a very smart doctor and good diagnostician and always treated my children well, however when he charged me for returning a phone call when I called his office after doing what his medical assistant and the Pediatric After Hours clinic told me to do and my child was not improving, that was the end of the relationship. i refuse to use a doctor who charges to return phone calls for a child that is not improving. There are too many others out there who do not do this.

October 22nd, 2013

Horrible Staff

Let me start off by saying that Dr. Mac is one if the best Pediatrician's I have ever met. He is great a diagnosing and not rushing the appointment. He is also great with the kids. I can not say the same for the staff. They are rude, horrible with the children and seem to mess up the billing EVERY time. Even with an appointment I tend to have to wait for 45 minutes to an hour to just get in a room. They never follow up after an appointment and to get an appointment is impossible. To give you an idea, I called to make an appointment for his two month check up after he was born to get his shots. I was told that Dr. Mac was leaving the country and so they couldn't fit him in. I figured a doctor deserves a vacation, so I took him to the health clinic to get his shots, however they refused to make an appointment for his four month check up without his shot records (something they wouldn't have needed if they would just have made the appointment to have them done there in the first place). Once I got them the records, they then told me that they couldn't fit me in for his four month check up until he was six and a half months! They also couldn't get him in for days when he was sick. Not worth the hassle for a Doctor who is 70+ and may retire at any moment...just not worth it...

January 20th, 2011

Has been a wonderful caring doctor for my children for 22 years. The best at diagnosing some strange ailments our daughter has had.

July 1st, 2010

Fantastic Pediatrician!

I went to Dr McCleod as a child and I always felt comfortable with him. He is an amazing doctor and has great staff. I would recommend him to anyone. He has so much knowledge of children and he has 35+ years of experience. My overall experience every time I visit with my daughter is excellent and I always leave knowing something I did not know before and feeling very confident that my daughter's health is in the best possible hands in Columbus, Georgia.

April 16th, 2009

Best Pediatrician in Columbus, GA

Dr. Mac and his staff are truly wonderful. If you want the best for your baby, then you must see him at West Georgia Pediatrics. FIVE STARS!

August 15th, 2016