Dr. Douglas Reintgen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Reintgen?

Lung Cancer

Lung Cancer

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Reintgen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 20th, 2016

Wonderful and caring doctor

Once I found out i had a melanoma I contacted his office and he saw me the very next day and operated 3 days later. He is a very caring man on the inside.

November 7th, 2016

Breast Cyst/Pain Consult

I was referred to this Dr. as a follow-up for an abnormal mammogram. I waited 2.5 weeks for the appointment, the day finally comes and I waited another 45 minutes to be seen as the Dr. I was told is "Busy". Finally he comes in, I express the pain I have been having for the last few weeks in the same location as the complicated cyst to which his respond was "stop drinking coffee, tea and chocolate". I explained to him "I don't drink or eat any of that". He then advises that I take a Tylenol for pain. Without even looking at my images, he advises me to come back in 6 months. To say he was rude is an understatement. He didn't mind taking my $65 co-pay but was not willing to take the time to even explain what my diagnosis was. I have never felt so dismissed in my life. I would not recommend this Doctor even if he was the last Oncologist in town. I wish you all the luck and hope you have a better experience than I did should you in fact have to see him.

November 4th, 2016

Great MD

Dr. Reintgen is kind and informative. He is extremely knowledgeable and gives me confidence in his care.

March 2nd, 2014

burned out

This doctor needs to retire. No compassion and NO communication skills whatsoever.

July 13th, 2013

not nice.

Ive heard he is a good surgeon (we chose not to go with him) but when we had an appt with him, he was really rude. He asked if we had insurance and we said no because we were quoted at &600/month plus outrageous deductibles and thats all he talked about the whole appt, except the 3 minutes he too actually discussing the surgery..all he could say was we were not smart for not having insurance, blah blah blah. its not our fault, we cant afford it! we were planning to pay out of pocked for my husbands surgery but we decided to get into Moffitt instead. You need to feel comfortable with your doctor when you or a loved one has cancer, and we felt way less than comfortable with him. again, im not doubting his surgeon skills, Im sure hes great. but as for being personable, Id give him -10 stars.

February 8th, 2012

Dorothy Scherck

My husband was diagnosed with Merkle Cell Cancer locally and referred to Dr. Rentgen. He had lymph node mapping and excision of nodes and follow up radiation. He has been cancer free and we appreciate the care he received at Lakeland Cancer Center.

November 16th, 2011

He saved my life..

thank you. You answer your cell, priceless.

February 9th, 2011

Great in all aspects

May 12th, 2009

Best doctor I have ever had.

February 4th, 2009

Dr. Reintgen is an excellent surgeon, but his doctor-patient communication skills leave much to be desired.

June 27th, 2016