A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Richman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Richman
HIV / AIDS Patient Education Read our patient education guide and learn about AIDS and HIV symptoms as well as how to diagnose this serious disease which attacks your immune system.Before Visiting Dr. Richman Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Richman, MD is board certified in Infectious Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- HIV Seropositivity
- Hepatitis C
- Pregnancy Complications
Education & Awards
Dr. Richman graduated from Stanford University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Richman has 4 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Daniel Richman MD is a male Infectious Disease Specialist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Infectious Disease.
- Where does Dr. Douglas D. Richman practice?
- Dr. Douglas Richman has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Richman practices Infectious Disease near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Infectious Disease Doctors.