Dr. Douglas Robinson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Robinson?

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Robinson?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2017

Needs Work on Doctor Patient Skills

Dr. Robinson seems to be focused on my record at my appointment with him. But I feel I can't really have an in depth conversation with him because he is so aloof. I'd rather see his PA. She is always friendly and approachable and the exchange of ideas about my diabetes care is free flowing.

September 1st, 2016

Not impreessed

I was sent by my primary care doctor for further testing for Thyroid Issues. Dr. Robinson looked at my TSH and T4 and said there was no need for any further testing. He told me my systems were from menopause or depression. No other blood test were performed. I waited for 30 minutes in the room and he spent 5 minutes with me. If I were a man I believe it would be a different story. I would not recommend him to anyone.

August 27th, 2016

Awesome!!!

I have been going to Dr. Robinson for years due to my pituitary gland issues. He is and has always been very helpful. He has called me about test results after hours, to let me know what's going on. I would recommend Dr. Robinson to anyone. Best Endo doctor ever!!!

July 19th, 2016

Dr would not run a full panel thyroid test. Not sure why, from what I read online it should be very standard. He also will not consider any medication outside of synthroid. Very strange. Did not feel like he cared about anything besides the TSH/ T3 were in line. That's it. Very basic. My regular dr could have told me that. Went to a specialist to get a further look. Waited 2 months to et an appointment. Total waste of time.

August 5th, 2015

Not impressed

First appointment went very well, spent the time, talked his potential concerns, ran tests for things my previous doctor did not. He presented the potential concerns as factors in higher A1c, however upon more research there is little to no correlation. Second visit, after talking about not following his recommendations based on potential concerns, his attitude changed immediately, and the appointment was over within 5 minutes. Did not even perform normal blood work at that point which should be performed with each visit. Would not recommend unless you conform 100% to his recommendations even if not diabetes related. Does not respect the patients right of choice. Honestly, seems to be more there to make CMC boat loads of money compared to making you healthier.

June 9th, 2015

Dr. Robinson is an AMAZING physician! I have worked in the medical field and do not praise people unless they are deserving. Dr. Robinson is a deserving doctor and has been my Endocrinologist now for several years. Every time I see him he is professional, warm and gives me all the time I need. I never feel rushed and he really listens to me and my concerns. In early 2015 I learned I needed thyroid surgery due to a nodule that was large and growing. I was concerned because I've had surgeries in the past that didn't turn out as I'd hoped. Dr. Robinson was very nice and gave me the time and resources I needed to make a good decision. He also recommended me to a great surgeon. Health issues are never easy but I know Dr. Robinson is a great part of my personal health care team. I am so thankful to have found such a wonderful physician and will be staying with him for years to come! Thanks to him and his outstanding staff I feel comfortable and confident I have the best medical professionals by my side.

January 29th, 2015

THE BEST

Dr Robinson is the best. He listens and is very interested in your input. Best endocrinologist I have ever had!

December 9th, 2014

Great doctor

I saw Dr. Robinson first time today regarding My thyroid issues. He is very knowledgeable in his field and he very pleasant person as well. He really cares about his patients. Dr. Robinson took time to read my previous records, and spend a good amount of time to check my condition and explained my issues to me. I highly recommend him to anyone.

April 22nd, 2014

OK

Not the greatest experience. Must be 100% compliant or you'll receive a major attitude. Certainly not the best bedside manner. I was disappointed. More compassion & understanding needed. I won't be going back & I would not recommend him.

April 8th, 2014

If EVERY Dr. could be as compassionate & understanding

My husband & I just moved to the area & we were a bit nervous on who to choose as a Doctor/Hospital. Dr. Robinson was a referral, 2nd opinion, if only he could have been my first choice, I would have had less sleepless nights & hours of worriation. He took the time to explain everything, listen to our concerns, & wasn't quick to send me to surgery. When we found him, we found a gem. Doctors like him are hard to find. The desk receptionists weren't the friendliest but I'm there to see the Doctor not them. The building is beautiful & right off the Interstate.

February 22nd, 2013

First visit I showed up on time - waited 35 minutes to see the Doctor for a 2-5 minute visit. Not impressed. Total time sitting in the waiting room= 1 hour for 2-5 minutes to take a pill. Second visit was faster, but his nurse Tracy handled the visit, who was marvelous.

August 31st, 2012

Great Doctor!

Yes there was a wait, but if it was because of the time he spent with me then I will wait!! He took time out and really listened to me, made sure I understood everything that was going on, was easy to talk with and just generally seemed to care about getting me on the road to health! Was nervous about going because of the bad comments I read, but they are far from what I experienced today!!!