A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Root:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Root
Gout Patient Education Read our patient education guide for Gout, uric acid crystal deposits and causes of this type of arthritis.Before Visiting Dr. Root Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Root, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Root graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Root has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Meyersdale Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital Med Center-Cumberland
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Clyde Root MD is a male Family Practitioner, has 24 years of experience and practices in Family Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Douglas C. Root practice?
- Dr. Douglas Root has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Root practices Family Medicine near Cumberland, MD.
See Cumberland Family Physicians.