A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Scherr:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Scherr is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scherr
Implant Contraception Patient Education Visit our Vitals patient education guide to learn all about various implant contraception options, side effects and advantages.Before Visiting Dr. Scherr Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Scherr, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Urologic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Scherr graduated from George Washington University. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Scherr has 12 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Scott Scherr MD is a male Urologist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Urology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas S. Scherr practice?
- Dr. Douglas Scherr has 2 office locations.
Dr. Douglas Scherr practices Urology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Elmhurst, NY.
See New York Urologists.