A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Schumer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Schumer is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schumer
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Schumer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Schumer, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Schumer graduated from Medical College of Ohio, Toledo.
Dr. Schumer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Grant Medical Center
- Summa Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas James Schumer MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas J. Schumer practice?
- Dr. Douglas Schumer has 2 office locations.
Dr. Douglas Schumer practices Ophthalmology near Mansfield, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Columbus, OH.
See Mansfield Ophthalmologists.