A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Scothorn:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Scothorn is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scothorn
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Scothorn Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Scothorn, MD, PHD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Wilms Tumor
- von Willebrand Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Scothorn graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Scothorn has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Mission Hospitals
- Asheville Specialty Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas James Scothorn MD and PHD is a male Pediatrician, has 15 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas J. Scothorn practice?
- Dr. Douglas Scothorn has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Scothorn practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Asheville, NC.
See Asheville Pediatricians and Asheville Pediatric Specialists.