A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Scothorn:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Scothorn is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Scothorn
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Scothorn, MD, PHD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Wilms Tumor
- von Willebrand Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Scothorn graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Scothorn has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Mission Hospitals
- Asheville Specialty Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas James Scothorn MD and PHD is a male Pediatrician, has 14 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Douglas J. Scothorn practice?
- Dr. Douglas Scothorn has 6 office locations.
Dr. Douglas Scothorn practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Asheville, NC.
Additional practice locations include: Sylva, NC and Marion, NC.
See Asheville Pediatricians and Asheville Oncologists.