A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Short:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Short, MD is board certified in Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Full term Infant with Major Problems
- Premature Infant
Education & Awards
Dr. Short graduated from University of Florida, Gainesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Short has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital
- Arnold Palmer Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Short accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 12 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 7 plans
- Americhoice - 2 plans
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 18 plans