A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Smego:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Smego is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Smego, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
Education & Awards
Dr. Smego graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Smego has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Stamford Hospital
- Rush University Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas R Smego MD is a male Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Douglas R. Smego practice?
- Dr. Douglas Smego has 2 office locations.
Dr. Douglas Smego practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, and Surgery near Chicago, IL.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY.
See Chicago Surgeons.