Dr. James Smrekar Is this you?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2016

Still Remember him after 22 years

Thinking about bed side manner and the birth of my babies I was looking to see if Dr Smrekar was still practicing. It brought tears to my eyes, with happiness, to see that other women have been treated as well as I had been so many years ago. HE IS AN AMAZING DOCTOR!!!

June 26th, 2011

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DR IN THE WORLD

Dr. Smrekar is by far the absolute best doctor I have ever had to visit in my life. I only became a patient of Dr. Smrekar's after all 3 of my children had been born. I wish I had known him before. He has seen me through a lump in my breast, migraines, as well as my hysterectomy. Let's face it - going to the OB/GYN is not any girl's favorite thing to do - but Dr. Smrekar is by far my most favorite doctor to see. Actually - he is the only doctor I see for anything, then he sends me to whatever doctor he knows will take care of me - when it has not been his field of expertise. Thank you Dr. Smrekar for being the BEST and making me (and I suspect all of your patients) feel important - no matter what my issue.

June 13th, 2011

Love Dr. Smreaker

I have been a patient of his for over 20 years and I love him! I wish all my doctors were like him. He has the best bed side manner, and truly cares for all of his patients. My two daughters are going to him now.

May 31st, 2011

He's the best!!

I have been going to Dr. Smrekar since 2007, he and his staff are always friendly. And he really goes the extra mile to make sure your comfortable. I also know that he really cares about my well being. I wouldn't see anyone else even if I had to pay for the visit out of my own pocket

May 17th, 2011

Dr. Smrekar treats you as if you are family. Remembers every detail of your treatment no matter how long ago. The most caring and efficient doctor we have had the privilege seeing. Has never disappointed us.

February 18th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr Smrekar's 7yrs. Last week I set an appt to confirm a positive preg test. His office suggested an exam followed by an hour consult & bloodwork. After months of working w/ a fertility clinic, I was told I was unlikely to conceive. This was my 1st pregnancy & I had lots of questions so i arrived early for my 2:50PM appt. At 4:30PM, the Dr arrived & confirmed my results. I mentioned I'd been waiting an hour & a half. He threatened "well, I can make it 2.5hrs or not see you at all". Caught off-guard & assuming he was being sarcastic, I replied "really?", half-joking. He then left the room, leaving me untreated, undressed & newly pregnant. No exam, consult or bloodwork. I sat there in disbelief, clearly upset & in tears. This was suppose to be a happy day. Nearly 2.5hrs later, I arrived home exhausted, not having seen a professional. I never received an apology from the Dr. Turns out, he no longer delivers babies. I guess the whole labor thing was too inconvenient.

February 1st, 2011

Poor Treatment of a Thyroid cancer patient.

We spent 10 minutes in the office. Only a few minutes into the meeting he proceeded to tell me all my issues were due to my weight. He blew raspberries when I told him I had just had thyroid cancer and suffered from Hashimoto's. He never examined me or gave me the chance to tell him that I had found a marble sized lump in my lower right abdomen and had been having pain and bleeding. I have never been so poorly treated by any doctor. Completely nonprofessional. He was not interested in listening to my issues or helping me find the answer.

June 18th, 2010

Love, love, love Dr. Smrekar!

I have been a patient of Smrekars for close to 15 years. He has held my hand and dried my tears through infertility and is so much more than a Dr.. He delivered by of my children after treating me through both of my high risk pregnancies and put up with all of my whining and complaining when he ordered me to bedrest. He is now like family and I can't imagine seeing any other dr. I now live 6 hours away and still plan a trip to Plano once a year for my annual. LOVE HIM!!

July 29th, 2009

Dr. Smrekar ROCKS!

I met Dr. Smrekar in 1990. My situation was a 30 year olds worse nightmare, but he was at my side every step of the way. He's a great friend, wonderful healer and I hope he never retires. If you become Dr. Smrekar's patient, YOU count your blessings.

March 11th, 2017