Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

2.5

Overlooked RED flags!! Life altering! show details Overlooked RED flags!! Life altering!
by Kenda White on May 18th, 2013

On behalf of my father I write this review. As a patient of Dr. Tew for MANY years, not only as his cardio, but as his primary, my father had a chief complaint (6/09) of groin, lower groin pain. NEVER was a PSA, prostate exam, exam etc. given over the entire 8 years as a pt. (He was 76!) After several trips to the ER with said paid and issues, various "other" tests were run but still not those. Fast forward to 11/10, my father fell and had a severe brain injury. He did recover from this. During which time while hospitalized it was discovered not only was he consumed with metistatic prostate cancer but it had moved to his bones and lungs! Had he been able to prevent it? No, I understand that. Could he have CAUGHT IT AND TREATED AND JUST MAYBE I MIGHT STILL HAVE MY FATHER TODAY? YES, I think so.!!!!!!! Never a PSA.....Never a prostate exam.....Really??? Shame on you Dr. Tew. You were seeing my father every TWO WEEKS!