A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Thurman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Thurman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Thurman, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Education & Awards
Dr. Thurman graduated from The University of Texas at Houston. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Thurman has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Community Medical Ct Woodlands
- Houston Northwest Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Thurman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 13 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas R. Thurman practice?
Dr. Douglas Thurman practices Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Shenandoah, TX and Humble, TX.
See Houston Gastroenterologists.