Dr. Douglas Toussaint DO Patient Reviews

May 10th, 2016
Good doctor
Great doctor

February 24th, 2015
Always attentive, speaks to me like a real person, offers alternatives

September 8th, 2013
Great experience!!
He was great to me and my wife. He was informative and personable. I would recommend him to anyone! I felt very comfortable with him delivering our child!

August 31st, 2013
'Birth isn't important'
I already wrote a review about Setrini but this man helped in violating what should have been the joyous birth of my child. I informed their office that I had a history of sexual abuse and that I wanted only a female doctor...but I found out after waking up from my violently forced, general anesthesia c-section that he assisted Setrini after I was fully anesthetized, while I was completely naked and my husband barred from the OR-I'd love to know what was done to me that I still have such pain over 2 years later on the left side of my scar. Setrini was the one who was attending me, so why he was brought in is beyond me, unless she's so bad at her job she can't do it alone. Salt in the wound, he had the absolute NERVE to come into my room and LECTURE me about how women with birth plans always end up with c section. (I always called them preferences and made it clear that I was flexible and just wanted to be treated with dignity) He also jammed his foot even further in his mouth by saying that 'birth isn't important' and "you're not really a parent until you've been to a PTA meeting" I know mothers of stillborn babies who would heartily disagree. He takes the cake for insensitivity, rudeness, and outright awful bedside manner. I'd give zero stars if only it wasn't an option. Beware this entire practice...they care nothing about mothers. Baby's health is important, but mothers are important too. I chose their office because Setrini was the only female OB in town and my insurance covered it but I should have went with my gut-Toussaint Obstetrics is a nightmare and I will NEVER forget what a horrifying experience it was. Mothers beware!!