Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  S. Rossow - South Dakota  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Simply the smartest Doctor I have ever been to. After discussing a symptom or medical problem, Dr. Douglas Traub has never made a poor diagnosis on me. He is factual, honest, and speaks in plain language. He is professional and empathetic. I feel very blessed that I have been able to see him for my medical care for the last 15 years. He is an outstanding Internal Medicine Physician and because of that it is difficult to see him as a NEW patient. If you are fortunate enough to see him, you will never leave him.

|  Think he's getting burned out  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2012

He was my doc for over 2 decades, until he overstepped his bounds about getting a second opinion on some medical issues. I'm very disappointed in him this last visit - he was very preoccupied and admitted he wanted to leave and go see his family. I felt rushed, especially after I'd waited over 20 minutes for him (I was there on time; HE was late)....he is not like he used to be when he started practicing, and I will be getting another doc for myself and my family.

|  Compassionate Competent Physician  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

Dr. Traub has been my primary physician for 4 years following hospitalization for serious spinal surgery. I think he is an outstanding diagnostic physician as well as a wonderful, caring individual. He goes beyond what I would expect in that he often answers his office phone and stays in contact with his patients via e-mail when the need arises. We live in an area that has a shortage of physicians and they usually are too occupied to deal with you as an individual. Not so with Dr. Traub, he follows up with his patients and always takes time to answer questions and make suggestions. I appreciate his concern about the high cost of drugs and his ability to select medications that are medicare approved. I'm so impressed with him that I can't say enough good things!

|  show details
Apr 17th, 2011

Great doc!

|  Review of Dr. Douglas Traub, Rapid City  |  show details
by Barry G. Wick on Apr 4th, 2011

Dr. Traub is the most professional internist my elderly mother has ever had...and I wouldn't hestiate to go to him myself. He is the perfect Doctor...We have had wait times as low as 3 minutes and at most 12 minutes...very prompt...very professional...very nice...answers all questions and provides answers when not asked for....provides reports of medical tests...thes best doctor I've ever worked with....

|  Simply the best  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2010

Dr. Traub is an amazing doctor. In this day of "get em in, get em out" medicine, Dr. Traub takes all the time you need to answer all your questions. He takes the time to phone you HIMSELF with the results of major tests and does his best to ease your worries about medical problems. The office staff in Hot Springs is absolutely awful!! They had a wonderful girl in the office but her replacement is rude, inconsiderate, and starts every sentence with NO, we can't do that. Don't hold this poor office girl against this exceptional doctor.

|  show details
Oct 21st, 2009

Doctor Traub is a very caring doctor. He takes the time to explain details to the patient in terms that anyone can understand. See this doctor in full confinence that you will be taken care of.