A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Turner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Turner is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Turner, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
Education & Awards
Dr. Turner graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Turner has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Of Maryland Medical Center
- Baltimore Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Turner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Priority Partners - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Douglas J. Turner practice?
Dr. Douglas Turner practices Surgery, Surgical Critical Care, and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Glen Burnie, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Baltimore, MD.
See Glen Burnie Surgeons and Glen Burnie Endocrinologists.