Dr. Douglas Turner MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

January 15th, 2014
A caring and thorough surgeon
I met Dr. Turner when my endocrinologist determined that I needed thyroid surgery. At our initial meeting he explained the situation and options to me in terms I could clearly understand. he also discussed the risks of the procedure and the possibility of postponing surgery. He was also a very nice person...something I value in a doctor. Since there was a significant possibility that I had a malignancy, he was very careful to be reassuring while laying out the realities, Between that appointment and the day of surgery his staff communicated with me often. They set up the pre-surgery appointments and went over everything clearly...patiently answering my many questions. At the hospital everything went as I expected and more. EVERYONE from the admissions clerk to the anesthesiologist, to the recovery nursing staff were considerate and cheerful. I would say that I actually enjoyed my time there, but after all, they did slit my throat!!! Dr. Turner met me just before surgery to go over my last minute concerns. Even before I was in the recovery room he came out to tell my wife that everything had gone well. He also came in the following morning to be sure I had no questions and understood my discharge directions. I have a follow-up appointment next week. If I had to do it over, it would be with Dr. Turner and the rest of the staff at UMMC. Both he and each and every one of the staff were simply outstanding.