A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Douglas Tyler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Douglas Tyler is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Tyler
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Tyler Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Douglas Tyler, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Carcinoid Tumor
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Rectal Cancer
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Stomach Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Tyler graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tyler has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Duke University Hospital
- Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Durham VA Medical
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Douglas Tyler MD is a male Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Douglas Tyler practice?
- Dr. Douglas Tyler has 1 office location.
Dr. Douglas Tyler practices Surgery near Durham, NC.
See Durham Surgeons.