Internist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
So Unprofessional and inept show details So Unprofessional and inept
May 18th, 2015

Just received a phone call from my sister explaining to me her experience with Dr. Weissman. She is a patient of his...She has been experiencing some digestive issues and called his office to speak with him regarding this issue. She explained to the person (receptionist) what was going on and would like for Dr. Weissman to call her, Dr. Weissman did not call her back so my sister called the office today 5/18/15...inquiring about her questions for Dr. Weissman.The person who answered the phone told my sister that the Dr. (Doug) told her to tell my sister to watch what she eats (DUH) and to go and see a surgeon regarding BARIATRIC SURGERY. Needless to say that my sister was stunned, so she asked this phone person if Doug,( and yes I am calling him Doug, because no Dr. would ever do what he did) ever looked at her file and the phone person said no she never showed Doug the file (shame on them) because if they did they would have seen that my sister weighs 158 pounds...Now I am not a medical professional, however, I am educated and informed enough to know that in order to get bariatric surgery you need to lose at minimum 100 pounds...This recommendation to a patient that he doesn't have a clue about is extremely irresponsible and completely unprofessional.... I think that it would be accurate to say that in medical school they teach you to see the patient and know the patients history before you would recommend any type of treatment or surgery... So to anyone who is contemplating seeing this Dr. Please make sure you are well informed of your condition before you see him...I think the AMA would have a field day with this information.....who knows what other wrong information he is giving to his patients....This situation is wrong on all accounts

Apr 29th, 2015

He took care of my mother at Westside Regional. He is the best doctor in the world !!! Beautiful man!!!

by Mary Becerra on Mar 9th, 2015

Besides an awesome doctor his staff is equally caring and professional.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Dawn Montagnino on Nov 11th, 2013

I love Dr. Weissman, he is a very caring doctor and listens to everything you say! He NEVER rushes you out the door...

Aug 2nd, 2013

When it comes to medicine and diagnosis, he is above satisfactory. However, when it comes to paperwork, his staff is not the greatest and lack promptness and efficiency. Everyone blames each other, and not sure if it's possibly the doctor. To me, this makes everyone look very unprofessional. Trying to get an appointment promptly is not very good.

BEST GI AND INTERNIST EVER!! show details BEST GI AND INTERNIST EVER!!
May 8th, 2012

Dr. Weissman is the best physician I have ever gone to. His office staff is on the ball and extremely helpful. Dr. Weissman spends time with you getting to know your issues, and has excellent bed side manner. I would refer my family to him.

office staff show details office staff
by ANDREA FRIEDMAN on Sep 14th, 2009

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO SCHEDULE AN APPT BOTH FOR A PARENT AND A COLLGE AGE CHILD WITH SCHEDULE(WORK AND SCHOOL CONSTRAINTS)THIS ASIDE AND THE NEED TO RESCHEDULE APPTS. I FOUND THE OFICE STAFF TO BE VCERY RUDE AND LAX. THEY DROPPED THE BALL ON RETURNING PHONE CALLS. FOLLOW-UP PAPER WORK REGARDING BOWEL PREP WAS NEVER RECEIVED. OVER ALL THE OFFICE STAFF WAS VERY POOR. ESPECIALLY THE SCHEDULING PEOPLE. I HAVE COME TO KNOW DR, WEISSMAN AND LIKE WHAT I HAVE SEEN OF HIS PATIENT CARE IN THE HOSPITAL BUT UNFORTUNATELY WE CHANGED GI DOCTORS SECONDARY TO THE ATTITUDE OF HIS OFFICE STAFF.

by Dennis Schuler on Jul 27th, 2009

My Father and I have been going to Dr.Weissman since 1997. Has the best bed side manors for being a good Doctor and his staff is very good.DS.

Jul 8th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Doug is one of the most mellow, non-rushed, concerned, caring patient doctors I ever had the pleasure of having for a doctor. I actually enjoy my appointments. His staff are dependable and caring and so on target! One of the best doctors ever!!

Sep 10th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Favorable experience. The way his office is organized shows that he is very time conscientious. My time is valuable and I appreciate that. I applaud him and his staff for being so well organized.

Jun 19th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Best Doctor: Dr Weissman is the best doctor in Coral Springs. Regardless of the problem, he always manages to put you at ease while he conducts his examination. He listens very well to what the patient has to say.

Professional show details Professional
by Citysearch User on Jul 10th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

Sometimes going to the doctor for an embarrasing problem can be just that embarrasing. Dr. Weissman made you feel comfortable right away a...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com