Dr. Douglas Williamson Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Williamson?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

July 26th, 2015

Said all the wrong things

Dr. Williamson was my pediatrician until the age of 16. First of all, he is very homophobic. When he asked about my sexuality and I responded, he started gave me the third degree. Have I tried it, have I done such and such? How do I KNOW? Not at all supportive and invalidated my feelings. I also suffered from an eating disorder and he was very rude about it, and again not supportive or compassionate. In general, he just made me feel uncomfortable and disrespected as a young woman. I switched doctors right after the sexuality incident and it was a very good decision. Would not at all recommend Dr. Williamson, but Alice Peck Day in general is great (I still go there, but to a different doctor).

July 2nd, 2016