Dr. Douglas Wisor MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Rockingham, VA

3.8

January 21st, 2017
The staff have been great...thank you!

September 10th, 2016
I really appreciated how fast I could get an appointment. I also appreciated how Dr. Wisor spoke clearly & precisely with me to try and get a clear understanding of what I needed as well as what my expectations for treatment were. He actually listened to me & we decided on a plan of care for me.

August 13th, 2016
I was treated very well.

June 17th, 2016
The staff and physician were WONDERFUL.

September 19th, 2015
Master of the needle
I have always really enjoyed Dr. Wisor's bedside manner. He is pleasant, courteous, and cares about what he is doing. He is a busy guy but I never feel like he is in a hurry. I have undergone a number of elbow injections in the past with orthopedic surgeons, but his injection worked better than any I have ever received elsewhere. I hope to never need to get another one (it really hurt) but the relief was amazing and I am back to riding my bike and able to sleep through the night again!

March 2nd, 2015
Dr. Wisor was an excellent doctor. I felt very confident of his ability to help me.

January 21st, 2015
Dr. Wisor needs to get back into touch with his patients...
On countless visits, Dr. Wisor has sent his assistant in to see me. When the assistant doesn't know what to do or they need to ask him something, only THEN will he come in. When he enters the room, he is very plastic in his personality and acts put out that when questions are asked. When I have answered his questions, and it seems as though he doesn't like what I am saying, he will talk over me and tell me his opinion and how mine is wrong. He also does this thing, when I ask him a question, where he squints his eyes, takes his glasses off while rubbing his eyes, and acts put out with a 'sigh' that I am speaking, even though it's concerning my health. He's very knowledgeable, but Dr. Wisor really needs to work on the whole "bedside manner" thing and start listening to the patient and acting like he cares.

July 25th, 2012
I really like Dr Wisor. I don't know why so many people don't like him but I trust him 100 percent for helping me with my chronic lower back. He was an officer in the military and he can be blunt and to the point so maybe that turned some people off. That being said if you are looking for a DR to hold your hand and say what you want to hear then Dr.Wisor may not be for you. If you are looking for a very knowledgeable Dr in his field then go see him. I have seen many Dr.'s for my pain and he has treated me the best.

July 17th, 2012
More interested in poker than you
I was referred to Dr. Wisor by my lawyer in 2011 after chronic back pain from a car accident in early 2010. After reviewing my MRIs, he was immediately dismissive of my injury but recommended we go forward with epidural injections anyways. After 3 sets of injections (in which he explained nothing, talked about his upcoming poker game, and asked me why I was crying because I was fine), he performed a discography and told me nothing was wrong with me and he didn't know why I am in pain and referred me to another doctor in the practice...who has HORRENDOUS reviews...and said I had no reason to follow up with him after not answering my questions about which discs were tested. I went to another specialist in the area several weeks later. Within 15 minutes of meeting me and reviewing my file, he told me he thought he knew what the problem was, and performed a medial branch block right away to test his suspicions. The new specialist was well on his way of giving me relief from the last 2.5 years of constant back pain after only one appointment with thorough explanations of where we go next and a multifaceted approach to ending this pain for good. Seems pretty clear to me that Dr. Wisor didn't bother to try. His PA, Michelle, was very nice and had great bedside manner, but most of the rest of the staff were rude and seemed bored, especially the blonde woman at the front desk.

September 14th, 2011
Excellent!
Dr. Wisor, his PA Michelle and the entire staff have been absolutely wonderful. Not only have I received excellent treatment, but they bend over backwards to be accomodating. I was running late for an appointment due to traffic last week. Most Dr.'s offices would have made me reschedule. I called ahead & Michelle told me not to rush, that they'd see me when I got there. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Wisor, Michelle & Capitol Spine & Pine.

February 4th, 2010
If you are looking for a Dr with a good bedside manner, don't stop here. He doesn't spend any additional time with you, just seems to rush in and out. Is he a good Dr? I have no idea. I did get some relief, but can't blame him for it not lasting as long as I would have liked it. It would have been nice to feel like I got all the time I needed.