Dr. Douglas Wolf Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Wolf?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 8th, 2015

Not interested in complicated patients

Dr. Wolf spends ten minutes with patients and has no time for complex issues. He's okay for a simple colonoscopy, but for any complicated disease such as Crohn's or Colitis, please get second opinions.

February 11th, 2014

Misunderstood

Dr. Wolf is a wonderful doctor, and really understands his field. He is a very intelligent man and a great doctor. Fortunately what he lacks in bedside manner he more than makes up for in his desire to try and cure inflammatory bowel disease. Dr. Wolf helps teach other doctors and does a lot of research on Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. Sometimes brilliant people appear to be demeaning and condescending but no one has more desire to help his patients than Dr. Wolf.

July 18th, 2013

Waited an hour and a half to be seen. Didn't Apologize. I should charge him for my time wasted. He spent five minutes with me. Hadn't read my chart nor the paperwork I completed in the waiting room. Wanted to do a procedure I had done recently. Told him no. He got upset and ended the appointment. Apparently I had bad results onto blood work from my last visit but no one called to tell me. When I had called to check- was told everything was fine. Obviously not so. He sent me for bloodwork again and told me no one would call that I should follow up. I did and didn't get the right answers. How do I know I will this time. Shame I can't rate zero stars. I guess I will be looking elsewhere.

February 11th, 2013

Would never choose this doctor again. His office staff, especially his nurse is rude and uncaring. He does not listen when a patient speaks and has no regard for their well being. HORRIBLE DOCTOR. Do not go to him or his anyone in his practice. I had seen three different doctors in this practice. They were all very unprofessional and uncaring. Dr. Wolfe is by far the worst out of all of them and should not be practicing medicine.

June 6th, 2012

Good Dr.; Always Extremely Late

Unfortunately, Dr. Wolf is always late. And I don't mean a little late. In the AM, it is 30 minutes or so. In the PM it's often an hour or more (i.e. 90 minutes from your scheduled appointment!). That's just to be called back. He's a good Dr. but if calendar integrity is important to you, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

September 3rd, 2011

Let me start be saying the first appointment I had was cancelled and reschedule and same way for next appointment. I saw Dr. Wolf made a follow up appointment which was then cancelled and rescheduled finally saw him 8 weeks later for a 4 week check up. Then was schedule for a colonoscopy and guess what he cancelled at 10:30 p.m. the night before the procedure after I have drank all of the prep. Then after I explained everything to him he told me he would be there the next day to do the colonoscopy and I belived him. I arrived on time and 3 hrs later the staff asked who was doing the procedure and told them Dr. Wolf and they told me he had come in and left without so much as sorry I can't do it after all. Another doctor did the colonoscopy. Dr. Wolf called after results came back wanting to put me on medicine that I was already taking! Medicine he put me on - can he not read a patients chart before picking up the phone to call? I wish I had read the reviews before seeing him. Good luck to anyone that see's him!

October 15th, 2009

knowledge provides the best results

Dr. Wolf is one of the nation's experts on diagnosing and treating inflammatory bowel diseases. He conducts clinical trials in collaboration with world-class GI docs and has co-authored several scholarly articles on IBD. He advises and teaches IBD to peers, patients and orgs e.g. CCFA, thereby helps broaden the knowledge base. Some criticize his bedside manner, while forgetting the benefits they get from his high order expertise.

January 23rd, 2017