Dr. Douglas Won Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Won?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 17th, 2017

Back issues For Damian Adams

I am well aware of my bariatric needs and how it would help alleviate some pain. I came in to have my back issued addressed for some relieve immediately, which is going to require clearance dapes, warfarin 5-7 days or bridge the lovenox type way, If I wanted bariatrics I would have signed up for it and put my back on back of my list. I am not interested in ring around the rosie, see every doctor in the area and a mailbox full of bills., however, I will come up there daily if needed as long as my mailbox is not full of bills. It is bad enough that Medicare requires facet injections that will make my BSL sky rocket get me high and provide at most 3 days of relieve. But since it is required to do these I have no other choice in order to get my rhizotomy which provides relieve for 5 months to 1 year and 5 months. So please , can we start on my facet injections and work in bariatrics after I knock of 15 lbs. on my own, then work bariatrics in to the schedule.

May 10th, 2017

Great spine clinic

Everyone at spine care was very helpful and compassionate. I suffered from severe chronic back pain. I was told I needed a back surgery by several surgeons in Dallas and Plano, but I was able to get better without surgery. Dr Won reviewed my MRI and told me that I could get better without surgery. He prescribed therapy sessions with his team and recommended spine injections by his pain specialist. Dr Won said the surgery should be last resort. I am back exercising and feeling good.

March 15th, 2017

Highly recommend

Had pain for long time. Waited too long before having the surgery. My neighbor had surgery with Dr. Won. Pain was gone when I woke up, and my incision was less than an inch. I would highly recommend Dr. Won. Also, the hospital staff was so very kind.

March 11th, 2017

Feeling fantastic

What a life saver! While training MMA, I threw out my back and developed a bad thigh pain and weakness. Went to several spine doctors who wanted to do big open fusion surgery. I finally found Dr Douglas Won on the internet. He performed some micro Endo surgery which was outpatient and I was released from the spine hospital in Plano on same day. I can barely see the incision. I am now back training and looking forward to getting back in the cage. By the way, all his staff are awesome.

January 26th, 2017

Neck pain is gone

Had a severe neck and upper back pain for many years. I was very afraid of the surgery. When I finally got an MRI by my chiropractor, she told me that I have a severe pinching of my spinal cord and that I need a surgery right away. She recommended Dr. Won and told me that he was the best surgeon. I found that to be so true. My spinal cord was pinched by the disc and arthritis bone fragments. Dr. Won and his hospital was so nice and courteous. I had a very small incision on front of my neck and when I woke up from the surgery, my pain was gone. I had a bad sore throat for few days, but my previous pain was gone. I would highly recommend Dr Won.

November 21st, 2016

I had surgery a year ago, and I'm still feeling great. I had a minimal surgery fusion with screws at L5-S1. I felt the relief instanteously and continue to get better. Dr. Won's staff at his clinic and Star hospital is the best staff I have ever dealt with. They really care about your well being. Recently, my wife had a gyn surgery at another large hospital and it was night and day different. We both wished we were back at Star hospital. I thank Dr. Won everyday for giving me my life back.

October 16th, 2016

Ms.

I had my surgery almost 3 years ago. My back is so much better. The recovery was much better than I had expected. I did my homework before I chose Dr. Won and I am so glad I choose him to do my surgery. I was very scared but tired of the pain and quality of my life. My back sometimes gets achy but I am 60 so that is to be expected, but the sharp pain is gone. I tried all avenues before the surgery and nothing worked. I recommend Dr. Won to everyone that is looking at back surgery! If I had it to do all over, there would be no question I would use him again!!! The fact that he uses stem cells to help with the healing process made all the difference in my opinion.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! It is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centric care. If ever needed, we look forward to serving you again!

September 22nd, 2016

Spouse

Dr Won is the best!!!

July 1st, 2016

360 spinal fusion surgery

I love the staff, his PA for my surgery is Peter and he is absolutely amazing and I feel crucial to Dr Wons practice in the Las Colinas area. I was super anxious and scared. Now this should be last day in the hospital and then will be heading home to get back to "normal." I don't know what it even feels like to not have excruciating back pain... im very excited. So far my entire experience has been phenomenal!!!

June 6th, 2016

Definitely recommending this group

I had a low back surgery last fall. I didn't want a fusion but the surgeon and his team recommended the procedure due to my severe condition. It was a rough first few weeks, but then when everything settled, most of my pain was gone. Now, I'm swimming everyday. I am very happy with the result.

March 30th, 2016

I had a surgery week before the Christmas. Thank, God, he led me to Dr. Won at spine care center. My severe back and leg pain was gone as soon as I woke up from the surgery. I was able to have a blessing Christmas with my family. I have been exercising and have lost 15 lbs since the surgery. If you ever need a back surgery, spine care center is the only place. Star hospital staff were amazing, also.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! It is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centered care and are thrilled that you were able to enjoy a pain-free Christmas with your family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.

March 17th, 2016

Such a caring team

I had such a severe pain that needed surgery. Everyone was so nice. From the surgeon to all his assistants were so caring and empathetic. Folks at Star Hospital was incredible, also. I hardly can see my incision and now my pain is gone. For your spine, only place to go is Spinecare and Star hospital.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! At Minimally Invasive SpineCARE and Star Medical Center, it is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centered care and will certainly pass your comments on to our Physician Assistants. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.