Dr. Douglas Won MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 21st, 2016
I had surgery a year ago, and I'm still feeling great. I had a minimal surgery fusion with screws at L5-S1. I felt the relief instanteously and continue to get better. Dr. Won's staff at his clinic and Star hospital is the best staff I have ever dealt with. They really care about your well being. Recently, my wife had a gyn surgery at another large hospital and it was night and day different. We both wished we were back at Star hospital. I thank Dr. Won everyday for giving me my life back.

October 15th, 2016
Ms.
I had my surgery almost 3 years ago. My back is so much better. The recovery was much better than I had expected. I did my homework before I chose Dr. Won and I am so glad I choose him to do my surgery. I was very scared but tired of the pain and quality of my life. My back sometimes gets achy but I am 60 so that is to be expected, but the sharp pain is gone. I tried all avenues before the surgery and nothing worked. I recommend Dr. Won to everyone that is looking at back surgery! If I had it to do all over, there would be no question I would use him again!!! The fact that he uses stem cells to help with the healing process made all the difference in my opinion.

September 22nd, 2016
Spouse
Dr Won is the best!!!

July 1st, 2016
360 spinal fusion surgery
I love the staff, his PA for my surgery is Peter and he is absolutely amazing and I feel crucial to Dr Wons practice in the Las Colinas area. I was super anxious and scared. Now this should be last day in the hospital and then will be heading home to get back to "normal." I don't know what it even feels like to not have excruciating back pain... im very excited. So far my entire experience has been phenomenal!!!

June 6th, 2016
Definitely recommending this group
I had a low back surgery last fall. I didn't want a fusion but the surgeon and his team recommended the procedure due to my severe condition. It was a rough first few weeks, but then when everything settled, most of my pain was gone. Now, I'm swimming everyday. I am very happy with the result.

March 30th, 2016
I had a surgery week before the Christmas. Thank, God, he led me to Dr. Won at spine care center. My severe back and leg pain was gone as soon as I woke up from the surgery. I was able to have a blessing Christmas with my family. I have been exercising and have lost 15 lbs since the surgery. If you ever need a back surgery, spine care center is the only place. Star hospital staff were amazing, also.

March 17th, 2016
Such a caring team
I had such a severe pain that needed surgery. Everyone was so nice. From the surgeon to all his assistants were so caring and empathetic. Folks at Star Hospital was incredible, also. I hardly can see my incision and now my pain is gone. For your spine, only place to go is Spinecare and Star hospital.

November 25th, 2015
good surgeon
Had back surgery from Dr Won. Leg pain is gone and can barely see the incision. Staff at the surgery center were really nice as well.

November 7th, 2015
Highly recommend
I had a neck surgery earlier this year. I suffered from severe shoulder and arm pain from my cervical area. The surgery was for couple of hours and then I went home the next day. I had a sore neck and it was hard to swallo for couple of weeks but my pain went away immediately after the surgery. I highly recommend this team. The doctor was very knowledgeable and had a great bedside manner. His staff at his clinic and the hospital were very nice and sweet. Overall, I had a great experience and I would highly recommend them.

November 6th, 2015
I can walk again
I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. I developed a massive disc herniation. I visited a neurosurgeon in Fort Worth. He immediately recommended open back surgery and fusion. I am 34 year old and didn't want to have a fusion. He told me I would be paralyzed if I didn't have the surgery. I sought out a second opinion and found a minimally invasive surgeon, Dr Won. Dr Won agreed that I have a severe disc herniation and needed a surgery soon. He recommended endoscopic microdiscectomy. My incision was less than half an inch and I walked out of the hospital one hour after the surgery. When I woke up, my pain was gone, my numbness was gone and my foot drop was gone. My surgery site was only sore and didn't even need pain medication. Everyone at his Spinecare clinic and hospital, Star Hospital was so nice and courteous. I can't thank Dr Won and his staff enough for fixing my back.

October 26th, 2015
Dr. Won is amazing!

October 6th, 2015
Best spine doctors
I had back issues for long time and tried to avoid back surgery for long time. I have heard so many horrible stories about back surgery so I have done therapy, injections and chiropractic treatment for years. One day, my back pain was so bad, I couldn't even pick up my four year old daughter. I finally made a decision to seek a final resolution of my pain and face the fear of surgery. I had a recommendation from my family member who worked for a general surgeon who had a back surgery with Dr Won at Spinecare. I had a significant narrowing of my spine that was pitching my nerve. I couldn't walk more than couple of blocks without having to sit like an old man. I had a great visit with Dr Samir and Dr Won. They spend a great deal of time with me to help me understand why and how they are going to treat my back. Then I had two other second opinions but none of them said I qualified for minimally invasive surgery, so I went back to Spinecare. Immediately after my surgery, my leg pain was gone. I walked as soon as I woke up in the recovery room. I went home later that day. It's been two years since my surgery. I have ran a marathon and now I'm training for an ironman competition. And I pick up my daughter every day! I have my life back. Thank you.