360 spinal fusion surgery show details 360 spinal fusion surgery
by Rachel Duncan on Jul 1st, 2016

I love the staff, his PA for my surgery is Peter and he is absolutely amazing and I feel crucial to Dr Wons practice in the Las Colinas area. I was super anxious and scared. Now this should be last day in the hospital and then will be heading home to get back to "normal." I don't know what it even feels like to not have excruciating back pain... im very excited. So far my entire experience has been phenomenal!!!

Definitely recommending this group show details Definitely recommending this group
Jun 6th, 2016

I had a low back surgery last fall. I didn't want a fusion but the surgeon and his team recommended the procedure due to my severe condition. It was a rough first few weeks, but then when everything settled, most of my pain was gone. Now, I'm swimming everyday. I am very happy with the result.

by Lecia on Mar 30th, 2016

I had a surgery week before the Christmas. Thank, God, he led me to Dr. Won at spine care center. My severe back and leg pain was gone as soon as I woke up from the surgery. I was able to have a blessing Christmas with my family. I have been exercising and have lost 15 lbs since the surgery. If you ever need a back surgery, spine care center is the only place. Star hospital staff were amazing, also.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! It is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centered care and are thrilled that you were able to enjoy a pain-free Christmas with your family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.

Such a caring team show details Such a caring team
by Maria G on Mar 17th, 2016

I had such a severe pain that needed surgery. Everyone was so nice. From the surgeon to all his assistants were so caring and empathetic. Folks at Star Hospital was incredible, also. I hardly can see my incision and now my pain is gone. For your spine, only place to go is Spinecare and Star hospital.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! At Minimally Invasive SpineCARE and Star Medical Center, it is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centered care and will certainly pass your comments on to our Physician Assistants. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.

good surgeon show details good surgeon
by Fernando A on Nov 25th, 2015

Had back surgery from Dr Won. Leg pain is gone and can barely see the incision. Staff at the surgery center were really nice as well.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Kelli M on Nov 7th, 2015

I had a neck surgery earlier this year. I suffered from severe shoulder and arm pain from my cervical area. The surgery was for couple of hours and then I went home the next day. I had a sore neck and it was hard to swallo for couple of weeks but my pain went away immediately after the surgery. I highly recommend this team. The doctor was very knowledgeable and had a great bedside manner. His staff at his clinic and the hospital were very nice and sweet. Overall, I had a great experience and I would highly recommend them.

I can walk again show details I can walk again
by Jason on Nov 6th, 2015

I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. I developed a massive disc herniation. I visited a neurosurgeon in Fort Worth. He immediately recommended open back surgery and fusion. I am 34 year old and didn't want to have a fusion. He told me I would be paralyzed if I didn't have the surgery. I sought out a second opinion and found a minimally invasive surgeon, Dr Won. Dr Won agreed that I have a severe disc herniation and needed a surgery soon. He recommended endoscopic microdiscectomy. My incision was less than half an inch and I walked out of the hospital one hour after the surgery. When I woke up, my pain was gone, my numbness was gone and my foot drop was gone. My surgery site was only sore and didn't even need pain medication. Everyone at his Spinecare clinic and hospital, Star Hospital was so nice and courteous. I can't thank Dr Won and his staff enough for fixing my back.

by Kevin Szabo on Oct 26th, 2015

Dr. Won is amazing!

Best spine doctors show details Best spine doctors
by David P on Oct 6th, 2015

I had back issues for long time and tried to avoid back surgery for long time. I have heard so many horrible stories about back surgery so I have done therapy, injections and chiropractic treatment for years. One day, my back pain was so bad, I couldn't even pick up my four year old daughter. I finally made a decision to seek a final resolution of my pain and face the fear of surgery. I had a recommendation from my family member who worked for a general surgeon who had a back surgery with Dr Won at Spinecare. I had a significant narrowing of my spine that was pitching my nerve. I couldn't walk more than couple of blocks without having to sit like an old man. I had a great visit with Dr Samir and Dr Won. They spend a great deal of time with me to help me understand why and how they are going to treat my back. Then I had two other second opinions but none of them said I qualified for minimally invasive surgery, so I went back to Spinecare. Immediately after my surgery, my leg pain was gone. I walked as soon as I woke up in the recovery room. I went home later that day. It's been two years since my surgery. I have ran a marathon and now I'm training for an ironman competition. And I pick up my daughter every day! I have my life back. Thank you.

My pain is gone! show details My pain is gone!
by Terry on Sep 25th, 2015

Dr. Won was recommended to me by 4 people including my cardiologist who is his patient as well. My thought was if a Chief of Cardiologist for major health system in Dallas had surgery with Dr. Won, then that's all the recommendation I needed. Dr. Won and his staff at Spinecare definitely exceeded any expectation I had. They were so courteous and caring. Many pain doctors and surgeons only wanted to do injections. I was also told that I would have to do have a major open back surgery and be in the hospital for 6-7 days. I will be bed for weeks. These were from surgeons who claims they do minimally invasive surgery. After failing injection for years, I finally found Dr. Won. I was told I needed four level fusion. Dr. Won did diagnostic injections to find the level that caused the pain. I only needed surgery at L34 level. I stayed one night at the hospital and after one week, I stopped taking hydrocodone. I felt great for the first time in years. It's been 6 months and now, I have lost 35 pounds and been exercising every day. I feel great and only take ibuprofen occasionally after over doing my training. I can't thank Dr. Won enough. He has a magical hand. If you need surgery, this is the only person who you should see. Thank you. God bless.

Feeling great. Magical hands show details Feeling great. Magical hands
by Keri on Sep 20th, 2015

Buyer Beware show details Buyer Beware
by Philllip on Sep 19th, 2015

This is my 5th review because he does not want me to tell that it is a huge risk to have a surgery with him. I had 4 surgeries with him, the original surgery and then I had a spinal fluid leak twice. I spent the worst 2 weeks at his hospital and he didn't even come to see me. He sent his PA. I finally was released and had bad pain. I went back to him almost a year later and he had left a stitch in me. Charged me to take it out. I have never been the same. I am on high narcos. Just wanted to tell my story again. Hopefully someone will think twice before having surgery. I will answer any questions you have. Just let me know.

Dr Won is s God sent show details Dr Won is s God sent
by Robert Aguirre on Sep 6th, 2015

I had spinal fusion L4 L5 by Dr Won in 2012 I am so much in debt to this man for all that he has done for me and my family from a 8 pain level to a 0 level that I had been living with for 12 or more years I knew that I needed fusion but decline to give in but pain always wins out I found Dr won by the grace of God and put all faith in him the only way to truly repay him and be a messenger to all that suffer pain and agony is to spread the word to my family, friends and anybody I encounter with back problems I am from Odessa, Tx and I have referred him to countless of people his staff is excellent kind and understanding very easy to get into to see him and get appointments God bless you and your staff for all that you do for us that are in so much pain and suffering

Feeling great show details Feeling great
Aug 14th, 2015

Had pain for long time. My legs got really weak. My chiropractor recommended Spinecare because he and his father both had surgeries with Dr Won. He and his staff are amazing. They are the o it one who has taken time to describe to us in detail what was causing my pain and weakness. He did minimally invasive surgery. My incision is less than 1/2 inch. I woke up from surgery and my pain was gone. Two weeks after the surgery, I took my wife on a 20th anniversary trip. Thank you Dr Won. Also, Star Hospital was amazing also. They all get five stars from me and my family.

Feeling amazing show details Feeling amazing
by Scott P. on Jul 31st, 2015

I am a big guy. Almost 300 lbs. All the surgeons told me that they couldn't do minimally invasive surgery. I had a slipped vertebrae and it was unstable. Dr. Won made two less than one inch incisions and when I woke up from surgery, my pain was gone! It's been only few weeks since my surgery, but I haven't taken any pain medications after my first week of surgery. I have four screws, two rods and a cage in my back. I don't know how he got them in my spine through such small incisions, but it's there. I see it on my xrays. But more importantly, I feel great and feel like I can live again. He's a busy guy, but I would do whatever you can to see this surgeon. He has amazing staff at his clinic and his hospital. Not many surgeons can have a hospital designed for minimally invasive spine surgeon. I read someone saying that they can't get an appointment. Well, I recommend try harder because it's worth it. My brother had a surgery with big spine center in Plano and he can barely walk. I highly recommend Dr. Won and his whole team. Once you get to him, you won't regret it.

Poor customer service show details Poor customer service
Jul 29th, 2015

My only complaint (because I have never met this doctor) is that when you call to make an appointment you always get his answering service. I called 3 times trying to get in touch with someone to make an appointment, I am from out of state and read some great reviews about Dr. Won. I left my name and number and was never called back. I call this very poor customer service. I read a review from someone that made the same comment. It seems that Dr. Won is neglecting an essential element with his potential new patients, and that is courtesy.

Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, we sincerely apologize for the poor experience with our call center. We have taken action to retrain our call center operators to provide better experience for all our patients. We are fully committed to provide the best care to our patients. We provide one of the best spine care and the most comprehensive spine care in North Texas. We are committed to provide one of the best customer service to our patients. We ask you to give us another chance. Please, call us at 972-255-5588. We would make your visit well worth it. Sincerely, Douglas Won, MD

Amazing Results show details Amazing Results
by Jennifer Urquhart on Jul 29th, 2015

Dr. Won is a rock star! He was able to do what no other neurosurgeon thought could be done without horribly invasive surgery. Instead of six inches down the back and six months in recovery, he went in through the side and I was back in Pilates in six weeks.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
by Kimberly on Jul 3rd, 2015

I would highly recommend Dr. Won. I had gotten to the point that I could barely walk. I had heard from several friends that he had done surgery on their friends or family members and every one was a success story. My experience was great! I live 5 hours away, and his staff was so helpful and courteous. I was back at work in a week and a half. If I ever have problems again, I'll definitely use Dr. Won.

Minimal surgery is only way to go. show details Minimal surgery is only way to go.
by Michael G. on Jun 29th, 2015

Talk about feeling great after surgery. Years of nonsurgical treatments didn't work for me. I spent a fortune getting injections and physical therapy. I had over 30 injections in my back. Then, I ran into this lady at a local mall who was walking around with a brace on her back. So, I asked her what's wrong with her back. She said she had a back surgery a week ago, and now she's pain free except little pain on her incision site. She said she had a micro surgery by Dr. won. She only had one small incision and said she went home on same day. I visited with Dr. Won and his team. unfortunately, I couldn't have one incision surgery like the lady I met at the mall. Because I had two slipped vertebra, I needed a fusion. But good news was Dr. Won was able to do a minimal fusion surgery. I was in the hospital just over night, and came home the next day. Electric shock I experience on my leg was gone immediately. My back hurt for about 5 weeks, but it started to ease up. Now it's been 7 months, and I have just got back from an Alaska cruise. I did a lot of walking and climbing. No pain. Well, almost. Most of the pain was gone, but some occasions, I do need to take pain meds. But I feel so much better. I am very appreciative to Dr. Won and Dr Samir. They are a great team of surgeons.

Feeling fantastic show details Feeling fantastic
by Lillian K. on Jun 25th, 2015

I had minimal invasive surgery by Dr. Won. He was my third opinion. All the other surgeons told me that I had to have an open back fusion and that it would take months to recover. Dr. Won and he's assistant Dr Samir said the surgery would only take an hour. It took less than 30 minutes. As soon as I came out of the surgery, I felt instant relief. I walked out of the hospital and felt I could run which I couldn't do for years. I am so grateful. I only got to see Dr. Won briefly, but it was well worth my trip to see him and his team. Everyone at his clinic was so nice and empathetic. Also, Star hospital was incredible. So clean and all the staff were extremely helpful and nice. I hope I would never have to have another back surgery, but if I do, I would only go back to Dr. Won and Star hospital. I am so grateful.

I can move my arm again and my pain is gone show details I can move my arm again and my pain is gone
Apr 19th, 2015

I never thought I would ever have a spine surgery. I never thought I would be in so much pain, but more importantly, I was partially paralyzed, couldn't move my arm. The surgeon before Dr. Won told me that if I have surgery, I will definitely become paralyzed and told me to live with it. Dr. Won came in to my examining room with subtle gentle smile and said, "we can help". We had a very long visit, going over all possible treatment options. He said, "we can fix it." I felt incredibly comfortable with him. I couldn't stop my tears; I had hope, again. When I woke up from surgery, my pain was gone, and I could move my arms again. I was discharged from his hospital the next day. He literally changed my life. His staff at clinic and Star hospital was amazing. I have never met so many nice staff and nurses. They were all so genuine and caring. I didn't get to see Dr. Won as much in the hospital, but I only spent a night at the hospital that was like a hotel. If you have back problem, Dr. Won is the only one you should see.

Doctor's Response

It was a pleasure taking care of you. It's definitely a team approach. SpineCARE has some of the best staff who cares deeply about our patients. Thank you, for your kind words, and great to hear that you are doing well. Douglas Won, MD

Doesn't matter how great the doc is if you can't schedule an appointment show details Doesn't matter how great the doc is if you can't schedule an appointment
by Wendy G on Apr 13th, 2015

My PCP referred me to Dr. Won for lower back and leg pain. I just got the referral on Sunday (yep, my PCP was working on Sunday). I immediately started calling the Irving office first thing on Monday morning at 8:00. The first lady I spoke to (who's name I didn't get) refused to verify my insurance and told me to call my insurance, verify out of network benefits and then call back. So I did. The second lady I spoke to, her name was Brittany, was very polite and took my name. She then transferred to whomever handles referrals. I was on hold for almost 20 minutes before I hung up. I called back. I managed to reach Brittany again. I explained the issue. She put me on hold and apparently talked to the referrals department. She came back on the line and said that she had prepped them and would transfer me again. After another seven minutes on hold, I gave up. Dr. Won may be fabulous, but I'll never know. I'll be asking my PCP for a different referral. If this is how they handle new patients, I'm not interested. I don't see how you can manage an office where they never actually pick up the phone.

Doctor's Response

Dear Ms.Wendy G, Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with my office. I am grateful you let us know what happened. Poor customer service is not acceptable, nor tolerated and this type of incident is not typical for us. We are very serious when it comes to patient satisfaction and your experience is deeply concerning. I am sorry that this occurred and hope you will give us the opportunity to make it right. Please call me directly at 972-255-5588, and if you are still interested, I will personally see to it that your appointment is scheduled quickly and professionally. Thank you. Douglas Won, MD

by Pamela Pentecost on Mar 31st, 2015

Choosing to see Dr Won for my back problems was the best decision (physically) that I have made in years. It has made such a difference in my lifestyle. I'm more active, sleep good and have even lost weight. Dr Won and his staff are amazing. Very knowledgable, helpful and kind. Also the facility is great I would recommend Dr Won to anyone having back problems. We have a 6 hour drive one way to his clinic but it is well worth the drive Thanks Dr Won!'

Feeling great. Best surgeon and staff show details Feeling great. Best surgeon and staff
Mar 9th, 2015

I suffered from back pain for many years. After going through all kinds of pain procedures, I finally made my appointments with Dr. Won at Spinecare. He's staff made me go through many tests. Initially, I was frustrated because I had to go through pain map studies, emgs and etc. But, it was well worth it. Instead of opening my back to perform surgery on many levels, Dr. won was able to pinpoint to one level. I heard from other surgeons that I had problems at many levels and that I needed at least three level fusion. Dr. Won performed minimal surgery and when I woke up from surgery, my severe leg pain that I had for many years was gone. It was gone. I had back pain but it was surgical pain. It was amazing. I could walk without pain. I was so happy. I stopped taking pain meds only day after surgery. Also, the staff at Star center was incredible as well. They were so nice and attentive. My experience with Spinecare was amazing. Dr. Won is a busy guy, but he's well worth it. I had multiple opinions but he's the only one that studied my condition very carefully and spent the time to identify where my pain was coming from. Minimal surgery is way to go. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

If you have back pain, go to Spinecare institute. show details If you have back pain, go to Spinecare institute.
Feb 13th, 2015

He cured by back pain. He's great. His assistants are awesome.

Wonderful doctor and team show details Wonderful doctor and team
Feb 5th, 2015

Spinecare team, dr Won, dr Samir and pain management doctors were wonderful. My husband had severe chronic pain for many years. We feared surgery and but Dr Won and his team were very caring and we felt very comfortable with them. It has only been two months, but my husband's pain is almost gone and he is smiling again. I want to thank Dr won and his team for all their hard work and effort. They are really wonderful.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, so much for sharing your experience. Our team at Spinecare take great pride in taking care of all our patients as if they are our family members. We are very patient centric practice. It's not just about performing micro-invasive procedures to help alleviate the pain. We believe in treating all our patients' mind, body and soul through caring and warm approach. Thank you, again, for your kind words, and it was a pleasure taking care of your husband. Douglas Won, MD

Find someone else show details Find someone else
by Phillip Foreman on Jan 27th, 2015

I've had 3 surgeries with Dr. Won. He ruined my life. Would not recommend

You won't get FMLA from this doctor show details You won't get FMLA from this doctor
Jan 14th, 2015

I was prescribed 6 weeks of physical therapy for my chronic lower and mid back pain. My employer will not allow me to use sick time for therapy unless I have FMLA approved leave. After 30 days of waiting, phone calls, and visits, I got a condescending phone call from his PA telling me that the forms would not be filled out. I don't appreciate being spoken to in that manner nor do I appreciate the refusal of my FMLA status. I have worked very hard earning my sick time at work. Since Dr. Won is apethetic regarding my condition both physically and with my employer, I will be finding a new doctor.

Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, I deeply apologize that you had a frustrating experience with FMLA and I'm sorry that your employer will not use sick time for therapy and that you will have to take a leave from your work. We take great pride taking great care of our patients and many of our patients have had incredible outcomes with our MicroInvasive surgeries. We are more than happy to speak with your employer if you wish and help you any way we can. Also, there are certain rules that are involved regarding FMLA, and will discuss it with you if you'd like. We are medical clinic and bound by the laws regarding this matter. We'd be more than happy to help you any way we can. W

Pain Free show details Pain Free
Sep 15th, 2014

I drove 6 hours from Louisiana upon my chiropractors recommendation. He told me that only surgeon who he'd have surgery is with Dr. Won in Dallas. I was in extreme pain and didn't know what to do. I had a visit with his kind staff and Dr. Won. They made an arrangements so that I could have a surgery the next day. My incision was less than an inch and was discharged on a same day. When I woke up from my surgery, my pain was gone. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't believe that an hour after I had gone into my surgery, my pain was gone. Dr Won and his staff are amazing. I would recommend them to anyone. 6 hours of driving in pain to get to their clinic was well worth it.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, for sharing your experience. We have many patients traveling from Louisiana and it's a great honor to take care of you. Our Micro-Invasive procedure has provided the least invasive way to relieve pain for many of our patients. I am very happy and honored to have an opportunity to take care of you. I hope you will keep up with your exercises and keep your back strong! Douglas Won, MD

feeling great show details feeling great
by Valente on Dec 9th, 2013

I had a curvical fusion by Dr. Won and his team. I had so much pain before the surgery. None of the traditional treatment relieve the symptoms. I went to 3 other spine surgeons and none of them answered my questions to my satisfaction. Dr. Won and Dr. Samir took the time and explained the whole process so that I felt comfortable. After surgery, I had a bad sore throat, but now, one month after surgery, I am pain free. PAIN FREE. It's amazing! I got my life back.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We believe it's very important for all our patients to clear understand their condition, symptoms and treatment options. Our team is dedicated to the highest level of care. We are so happy that you are pain free. Don't forget about your physical therapy and continue with your exercises. We are always here to help if you have any other questions. Best wishes. Douglas Won, MD

by Conrad on Sep 30th, 2013

Dr Won was fabulous. Many surgeons told me my problem was too complicated and told me to learn to live with my pain and sent me to pain management. Dr Won and his assistant Samir took their time to evaluate and developed a surgical plan. Now, after 6 months since my surgery, I am pain free. Dr Won and his team was caring and highly skilled. He saved my life. My way of life before the surgery was not worth living. Thank you, Dr Won and his team at Minimally Invasive Spine Care.

He is not what yo see in the ad. show details He is not what yo see in the ad.
Apr 3rd, 2013

I have been Dr won's patient for at least 8 years now. I have neck and lower back problem. First of all his Irving office employees are very rude and lack customer skills. Dr Won is always busy and never available. Everytime I take appointment, his assistiant Sameer Desai sees me. I think he is better than him.All these years he must have seen me only 3 or 4 times.I have done many MRIs and done sevral procedures and injections and therapy from him.Till today he has not told me what's the problem and after so much of pain and money spent,what's the solution. Every time he says let's try the next step. Hello Dr, I am done with a all the steps. I have even asked him since you are in this profession you must dealing this kind of case everyday, how you cant tell me the solution ?Honestly I think he is just practicing for money. I have spent tens of thousands of dollars for nothing. I am still experiencing pain. I have stopped going to him now. His office keep calling to schedule for another injection. I just do my regular stretches,exercise and yoga. That is helping me now. In my opinion going to him or his group is a total rip off. They are just money making machines. I am not the only one who has experienced this but my friends have also told me about him. I am just not writing anything iawant. It's true and I have gone through a lot. I don't want people to go through this. Please make better choice and decision before you choose Drs.

Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, I apologize that you are frustrated. Properly diagnosing back and neck pain can be very complex. There are many reasons why a patient can develop a neck pain and back pain. Many patients develop chronic pain because they are improperly diagnosed. We wish we can simply make a diagnosis after looking at an MRI, but your symptoms may not clearly correlate with the findings from MRI. We take great pride in taking best care of our patients. As a son of a patient who had 4 back surgeries and suffered from chronic pain, I treat all my patients as if they were my father who experienced the same frustration as you have. I am more than happy to review your condition if you can identify yourself. It's difficult to improve ourselves when the reviewer will not identify themselves. However, thank you, for your feedback, and we will do everything we can to improve your experience.

So thankful I went to him! show details So thankful I went to him!
by Crystal on Mar 26th, 2013

I had fallen off a ladder and had horrible back pain. I decided to go see Dr. Won and was referred by a friend. He let me know that I needed spine surgery and explained to me the procedure in detail. It was a success his office and him were amazing. I am so thankful I went to the best spine surgeon in Texas! My recovery was fast and easy!

Doctor's Response

Thank you, for your kind words. Everyone at Minimally Invasive SpineCare will always put our patients, first. We will do whatever it's necessary to find a solution for your spine pain. Douglas Won, MD

Best Spine Doc in the Metroplex! show details Best Spine Doc in the Metroplex!
by Melissa on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Won is amongst the most compassionate & efficient doctors I have ever been treated by! Words can't express how much he has changed my life with a successful minimally invasive surgery for my spine. I feel like a whole new person again! I highly recommend Dr. Won for excellent treatment!

Doctor's Response

Thank you, for your comment. It's a great pleasure to take care of a patient who's in pain, and very rewarding to hear your comments. All the staff at Minimally Invasive SpineCare takes great pride in their work. For more information, please, check out www.SpineCareDFW.com Douglas Won, MD

1st Choice show details 1st Choice
by Mark S on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr Won is the most caring physician! He listens and had a minimal approach to my back problem. He is very easy to talk to and explains my options, I did not feel rushed, or as though he was too busy to talk to me! I have been to 2 other surgeons and he is the only one that I trust to do my disc repair.

Doctor's Response

Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery approach is the best method if you need spine surgery. We are very happy you are doing well. Check out www.SpineCareDFW.com for more information about innovative approach to treat spine disorders. Douglas Won, MD

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Feb 23rd, 2013

My husband was treated with non-invasive pain procedure. It was amazing. Within 15 minutes of treatment, his pain was gone. It really was amazing.

Doctor's Response

NIPP (non-invasive pain procedure) is an amazing device that treats acute and chronic pain. Minimally Invasive SpineCare was the first to perform this procedure in Texas, and very excited for our patients. For more information, please, go to www.FixPain.com Douglas Won, MD

by Karen Johnson on Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. Won and his staff are the most compassionate medical professionals. They really took the time to understand my pain. I had NIP (Non-Invasive Pain) Procedure, and now I am able to walk without severe pain running down my legs. No surgery was necessary.

Doctor's Response

It's very exciting to hear that you are doing well. NIP Procedure (non-invasive pain procedure) has helped many patients with pain without surgery. For more information, please, go to www.FixPain.com Douglas Won, MD

NIPP show details NIPP
by Terry A on Feb 18th, 2013

Dr. Won … I just want to say thank you…thank you for Friday. I heard my neck make a snapping noise when I reached under my desk to get my pen that was early in the morning on Thursday…..by 2pm it was hurting so very bad that I had to leave and go home. When I finally got home NOTHING seemed to help the pain it just got progressively worse. Friday morning by the time I had drove from my home in Mesquite I felt like I had ridden in a Semi everything in my body was screaming but my head / neck was really what was screaming … I had dots / flashes in my eyes and burning all in my neck and head. NEVER has my head hurt like that …thus you had a VERY BIG cry baby to deal with. Dr. Won ..I want to humbly say thank you for being so kind and understanding / after you so graciously came over there and did my NIPP before my appt. I stayed in the chair down there for about 1 hour the NIPP started to ease the horrible pain in my head and was able to drive back home I slept most of the day (due to absolutely no sleep the night before) and by 8pm Friday that was NO PAIN at all. I want to thank you …Spine Care… NIPP for giving me myself back. Dr. Won you are AWESOME in my eyes and several others. I’m blessed beyond and above to one have such a fabulous and caring Dr. and second to also be able to say that I work with and for the most AWESOME group of people / Clinic… the NIPP is the most amazing thing EVER and so VERY thankful that you have brought it to us. I went from having a level 56 in pain on Friday to having a moderate 2 this Monday morning. THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!!! THANK YOU !!!!

Doctor's Response

So happy to hear you are doing better. Other patients can go to www.FixPain.com to get more information about this amazing procedure. No more surgery is necessary. Douglas Won, MD

Life saver show details Life saver
by Richard Mosqueda on Feb 13th, 2013

I went to Dr. Won cause he was my last chance. All other doctors are about filling you full of drugs and keeping you coming back to line there pockets with your hard earned money and never fixing your problem. When Dr. Won saw me and looked at my MRI and X-rays he asked why I had not been operated on already so a few weeks later I was on the table and back on my feet. He helped me feel my legs again I am now running in every obstical race I can get into cause I can feel my legs and have full range of motion without pain. There is a special spot in heaven for you Dr. Won you are truely a life changer and saver.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, for our kind words. It was a pleasure taking care of you. We hope to keep helping many patients with spinal stenosis. Our Micro-Invasive procedure has helped many patients like yourself with the least invasive approach. Thank you for sharing your experience and keep up with the exercises. Douglas Won, MD

Excellent experience show details Excellent experience
Nov 19th, 2012

It has been approximately three months since Dr Won performed a 360 lumbar fusion for me on L5/S1 and L5/L4. The results have been excellent. All nerve pain is relieved and most post op pain is over. A few days of very minor irritation still exist, but all get better every day. The follow up visits have been good and all xrays show it healing just like we want it to. It has been an excellent experience for me. I was a little scared going into this serious of an operation, but they took really good care of me, and still are.

Nov 9th, 2012

Excellent Care, would highly reccomend this physician!

excellent surgeon show details excellent surgeon
Aug 13th, 2012

I am feeling so much better after minimally invasive spinal fusion. Incision was extremely small and I left the hospital the next morning. I got my life back thanks to Dr. Won and Dr. Samir. They are the best at Microsurgery.

Miracle show details Miracle
Jan 26th, 2012

Dr. Won is my angle. He is a miracle worker and I can't thank him enough. He is the BEST doctor around. I can't say enough wonderful things about him and his staff.

great doc show details great doc
Dec 25th, 2011

now, here is a Surgeon that cares. We were so scared about our surgery. He spent an hour with us explaining the anatomy, our disease, and why we needed the surgery. He was so comforting. After the surgery, most of my pain is now gone. I'm working hard on physical therapy, and looking forward to getting back in the gym.

Nov 7th, 2011

Dr. Won has helped me immensely...I am finally pain free for the first time in ten years. I can't thank him enough.

ran for first time in 10 years show details ran for first time in 10 years
Oct 15th, 2011

I recently had a back surgery by Dr. Won at Minimally invasive spine center. All these years, I was told my disease was too complicated to be fixed by surgery. I left the hospital next day after minimally invasive fusion by Dr. Won. It's been little over three months and I ran for first time in nearly 10 years. I started crying. Thanks.

Best Spine Surgeon show details Best Spine Surgeon
by Elizabeth on Sep 9th, 2011

I would not send myself or my loved ones to any other spine surgeon. Dr. Won is constantly studying and learning the newest techniques, technologies and procedures to treat/care for any spine condition. Dr. Won is highly trained and genuinely wants the best for all of his patients. He first uses conservative methods to treat back pain and will only do surgery if the patient fails all conservative treatments. I got lucky to find such good spine care.

Pain free show details Pain free
Aug 27th, 2011

I had pain for 12 years. When I work up from the surgery, I was pain free. Dr. Won was so compassionate and patient with me. I am so thankful for his care.

Great Spine Surgeon show details Great Spine Surgeon
Jun 20th, 2011

I had pain for so many years. Over 10 years. So many surgeons said they couldn't help. But Dr. Won saw my films and immediately made the diagnosis. He couldn't guarantee my pain will be gone but he will do his best. After 2 hours of surgery, I am now pain free for the first time in 10 years. Now, three months after my surgery, I am exercising everyday and living a much healthy life style. I owe it all the Dr. Won and his staff. Thank you.

Should not be allowed to have another patient.... ever! show details Should not be allowed to have another patient.... ever!
May 23rd, 2011

Went to this Dr. for pain down the right side of my back. He put rods in my back during a 10.5 hour surgery, in which I nearly died (relatives were called in).The substandard rods he put in broke within two weeks of my return home. He did not want to replace them. I told him I still had pain, he did another surgery, could find nothing wrong. Still pain, still another surgery, still could not find anything wrong, even after a multitude of very expensive MRI, cat scans, etc. After a few visits, he "DISMISSED me", with no pain meds or recommendations. Eventually, a pain therapist recommended another doctor in Burleson. I did a quick in-office xray, the doctor looked at it for about 3 seconds, showed me on the simple xray how bad my hip looked, and that was the source of my pain. He replaced my hip. Then he was able to do another surgery after one year, and he removed the sub-standard broken rods, replaced them with good ones, and I seldom, if ever, have any pain in my back. ( only if the weather is bad). I talked to lawyers about suing Dr Won, but because the medical costs were so outrageous, they said they couldn't make anything on the case, and refused, even though they sympathized with me. This doctor should not be allowed to practice.

Doctor's Response

I am truly sorry if this is a real patient, but I believe this is a false statement and false patient. I perform only minimally invasive surgeries, and have not performed a surgery that lasts more than 3-5 hours. Most of our surgeries last less than an hour. If this is a real patient, please, identify yourself and please, let us evaluate your for FREE.

HE'S THE BEST show details HE'S THE BEST
May 17th, 2011

Dr. Won has great bedside manner and always made me feel as though I was his only patient. He never hurried to leave until I was through asking questions.I would recommend Dr. Won in a heartbeat, as a matter of fact, have recommended him to many of my friends and even to my family physician to recommend him to other patients.

Best surgeon show details Best surgeon
Apr 18th, 2011

I am pain free. My incision is less than 1cm. I am back walking 6 miles a day. Thank you, Dr. Won, and his staff.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, so much for sharing your experience. We are very excited that we were able to help. Dr. Won

feeling good show details feeling good
by Kendra on Mar 20th, 2011

I had surgery with Dr. Douglas Won at Minimally Invasive Spine Institute. I suffered from chronic pain for 12 years. After outpatient surgery with less than 1cm incision, I walked out of the surgery center pain free. I am so thankful. Dr. Won and his staff are awesome.

Doctor's Response

Ms. Kendra, thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored to take part in your care. We wish you the best. Dr. Won

Laser spine surgery works show details Laser spine surgery works
Feb 12th, 2011

I had laser spine surgery with Dr. Won. I can barely see my incision on my side. My pain was gone instantly and worked out of the hospital. I was awake during the surgery. I am playing golf three weeks after my surgery. Should have done this long ago.

Very happy with my back surgery show details Very happy with my back surgery
Feb 7th, 2011

I suffered from severe back pain for many years. One hour after my Laser Endoscopic back surgery, I walked out of the hospital and returned to work the next day. I am back playing golf after 3 weeks. I should have done my surgery with Dr. Won, a long time ago.

I feeling great show details I feeling great
by Sharif on Dec 6th, 2010

I just had my neck surgery. I couldn't sleep for weeks. When I woke up from surgery, I was pain free. I am so excited and thankful. Thank you, Dr. Won and his staff for bringing miracle to me and my family this holiday season.

he fixed my difficult problem and now i have my life back show details he fixed my difficult problem and now i have my life back
Nov 13th, 2010

All the surgeons told me I needed a big open back surgery. With Dr. Won, I had an 8mm incision and my surgery was done with an endoscope while I was awake. Most of my pain is gone. I still have little numbness, but feel so much better than ever before. I can play with my kids again.

Pain is gone show details Pain is gone
by Andrew on Sep 29th, 2010

Dr. Won's skill is amazing. I was in my wheelchair for weeks. Immediately after my surgery, I walked out of the hospital. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Also, his staff is amazing. I had a great experience in his office.

Surgery went very well show details Surgery went very well
Sep 19th, 2010

It's been a year since my minimally invasive surgery with Dr Won. I am still pain free. I previously had surgery at another center and it was not successful. I was pain free when I woke up from surgery. I was released from the surgery center on same day. I highly recommend Dr Won.

My back pain is cured show details My back pain is cured
by James on Sep 5th, 2010

Dr Won and his staff were so professional and courteous. I had incredible pain for long time. I had an outpatient surgery and went home two hours after surgery. It's been 2 months and I am back kickboxing.

Recommending Dr Won show details Recommending Dr Won
Jul 18th, 2010

I'm vert satisfied with my surgical result. Went back to work next day.

Pain is gone show details Pain is gone
by Malcom on Jul 17th, 2010

I had pain for last few years. I was in so much pain. My previous doctors just kept giving me injections that didn't last very long. I finally found Dr. Won on the internet and had surgery with him. He is so kind. I walked out of the hospital 1 hour after my surgery. It's been 6 weeks since my surgery, and I hit my golf ball today, and I feel great!

uncaring robot show details uncaring robot
Jul 1st, 2010

I had surgery from this man, he made me worse. The worst part was the after care. He did not return calls and is as compassionate as a robot. He only wants money

Doctor's Response

To whom it may concern, I am truly sorry that you had a bad experience. We do our best to take best care of all our patient. We make every attempts to return our patients phone call on same day. We have a great success with our minimally invasive surgery, but unfortunately, we can't help everyone. Many of our procedures, success rate is 90-95%. The flip side is some patients will not be better. Again, I apologize for your lack of best experience. If there's anything else we can do, please, contact us.

feeling good show details feeling good
Jun 12th, 2010

Dr. Won's office was great. His staff really cares about the patients. I am a physician and have done my research. I have traveled from far, because Dr. Won has a wonderful reputation. Some of my patients have traveled to have surgery by Dr. Won, and they have all done amazingly well. I feel great. I can barely see my incision.

pain is gone show details pain is gone
by Kraig on Jun 1st, 2010

I had my minimally invasive laser surgery with Dr. Won. I went back to work the next day, and been pain free for months. I wouldn't do it any other way than minimally invasive method.

Back at pro golf tour again show details Back at pro golf tour again
May 1st, 2010

I am a professional golfer and after a golf swing, developed a severe pain in my back as well as my leg. I couldn't move for weeks. I had a outpatient day surgery with Dr. Won, and I walked out of the hospital on same day. I'm back on the tour.

feeling good after my surgery show details feeling good after my surgery
by Kurt on Apr 3rd, 2010

I had pain for four years. When I woke up from my surgery, my pain was gone! Now, I am getting ready to run my first marathon. I also lost 40 lbs since my surgery. Dr. Won gave me a new life.

I'm pain free show details I'm pain free
by Larry on Mar 31st, 2010

I was partially paralyzed before I saw dr. won. I didn't think i could ever walk again. With extremely small incision, he fixed my spine and now I can walk again. His hands are truly gifted. Thank you, dr. won.

Free of back pain show details Free of back pain
by Jennifer on Mar 11th, 2010

I had laser spine surgery with Dr. Won. I'm a nurse at a very large hospital so I am very familiar with all the spine surgeons. I was pain free after my procedure which lasted 30 minutes. He was very thoughtful and kind. Thank you, Dr Won.

I'm Pain Free show details I'm Pain Free
by Jan on Feb 11th, 2010

I have had pain for over 10 years. My incision was less than 5mm. I am pain free. Dr. Won was so nice, and his staff was great. I got my life back!

He is running a walmart of spine pain show details He is running a walmart of spine pain
Nov 20th, 2009

He did a minimilly invasive surgery on me and made me worse, the worst part is that i had to call 20 times to see hime or sometimes just show up. He is uncaring and only into money

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you were not able to get the result you wished to get. We are doing our best to get you the best care and best result. We are happy to re-evaluate you to see if we are able to help you. Sometimes, patients do not respond to surgery. If so, there are other measures we can take. Please, let us know if we can help in anyway. Sincerely, Dr. Won

got my life back show details got my life back
by JP on Oct 20th, 2009

I had minimally invasive laser surgery with Dr. Won. My incision was 5mm and I walked out of the surgery center pain free. It was amazing. Other doctors wanted me to have big open back fusion. I've returned to my sports, and so excited.

I got my life back show details I got my life back
by Deborah on Sep 6th, 2009

Dr. Won was wonderful. I had chronic pain for 10 years. I couldn't even pick up my kids. After my Laser spine surgery, I am pain free. I have just completed half marathon. I got my life back. Thank you