Dr. Douglas Won MD Patient Reviews

January 26th, 2017
Neck pain is gone
Had a severe neck and upper back pain for many years. I was very afraid of the surgery. When I finally got an MRI by my chiropractor, she told me that I have a severe pinching of my spinal cord and that I need a surgery right away. She recommended Dr. Won and told me that he was the best surgeon. I found that to be so true. My spinal cord was pinched by the disc and arthritis bone fragments. Dr. Won and his hospital was so nice and courteous. I had a very small incision on front of my neck and when I woke up from the surgery, my pain was gone. I had a bad sore throat for few days, but my previous pain was gone. I would highly recommend Dr Won.

November 21st, 2016
I had surgery a year ago, and I'm still feeling great. I had a minimal surgery fusion with screws at L5-S1. I felt the relief instanteously and continue to get better. Dr. Won's staff at his clinic and Star hospital is the best staff I have ever dealt with. They really care about your well being. Recently, my wife had a gyn surgery at another large hospital and it was night and day different. We both wished we were back at Star hospital. I thank Dr. Won everyday for giving me my life back.

October 15th, 2016
Ms.
I had my surgery almost 3 years ago. My back is so much better. The recovery was much better than I had expected. I did my homework before I chose Dr. Won and I am so glad I choose him to do my surgery. I was very scared but tired of the pain and quality of my life. My back sometimes gets achy but I am 60 so that is to be expected, but the sharp pain is gone. I tried all avenues before the surgery and nothing worked. I recommend Dr. Won to everyone that is looking at back surgery! If I had it to do all over, there would be no question I would use him again!!! The fact that he uses stem cells to help with the healing process made all the difference in my opinion.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! It is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centric care. If ever needed, we look forward to serving you again!

September 22nd, 2016
Spouse
Dr Won is the best!!!

July 1st, 2016
360 spinal fusion surgery
I love the staff, his PA for my surgery is Peter and he is absolutely amazing and I feel crucial to Dr Wons practice in the Las Colinas area. I was super anxious and scared. Now this should be last day in the hospital and then will be heading home to get back to "normal." I don't know what it even feels like to not have excruciating back pain... im very excited. So far my entire experience has been phenomenal!!!

June 6th, 2016
Definitely recommending this group
I had a low back surgery last fall. I didn't want a fusion but the surgeon and his team recommended the procedure due to my severe condition. It was a rough first few weeks, but then when everything settled, most of my pain was gone. Now, I'm swimming everyday. I am very happy with the result.

March 30th, 2016
I had a surgery week before the Christmas. Thank, God, he led me to Dr. Won at spine care center. My severe back and leg pain was gone as soon as I woke up from the surgery. I was able to have a blessing Christmas with my family. I have been exercising and have lost 15 lbs since the surgery. If you ever need a back surgery, spine care center is the only place. Star hospital staff were amazing, also.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! It is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centered care and are thrilled that you were able to enjoy a pain-free Christmas with your family. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.

March 17th, 2016
Such a caring team
I had such a severe pain that needed surgery. Everyone was so nice. From the surgeon to all his assistants were so caring and empathetic. Folks at Star Hospital was incredible, also. I hardly can see my incision and now my pain is gone. For your spine, only place to go is Spinecare and Star hospital.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback! At Minimally Invasive SpineCARE and Star Medical Center, it is our intention to ensure that each patient receives effective care and compassionate, personalized attention. We are glad that your experience has reflected our mission to provide the best patient-centered care and will certainly pass your comments on to our Physician Assistants. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any questions.

November 25th, 2015
good surgeon
Had back surgery from Dr Won. Leg pain is gone and can barely see the incision. Staff at the surgery center were really nice as well.

November 7th, 2015
Highly recommend
I had a neck surgery earlier this year. I suffered from severe shoulder and arm pain from my cervical area. The surgery was for couple of hours and then I went home the next day. I had a sore neck and it was hard to swallo for couple of weeks but my pain went away immediately after the surgery. I highly recommend this team. The doctor was very knowledgeable and had a great bedside manner. His staff at his clinic and the hospital were very nice and sweet. Overall, I had a great experience and I would highly recommend them.

November 6th, 2015
I can walk again
I woke up one morning and couldn't walk. I developed a massive disc herniation. I visited a neurosurgeon in Fort Worth. He immediately recommended open back surgery and fusion. I am 34 year old and didn't want to have a fusion. He told me I would be paralyzed if I didn't have the surgery. I sought out a second opinion and found a minimally invasive surgeon, Dr Won. Dr Won agreed that I have a severe disc herniation and needed a surgery soon. He recommended endoscopic microdiscectomy. My incision was less than half an inch and I walked out of the hospital one hour after the surgery. When I woke up, my pain was gone, my numbness was gone and my foot drop was gone. My surgery site was only sore and didn't even need pain medication. Everyone at his Spinecare clinic and hospital, Star Hospital was so nice and courteous. I can't thank Dr Won and his staff enough for fixing my back.

October 26th, 2015