Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeon
4301 N MacArthur Blvd
Ste 101
Irving, TX 75038
972-438-4636
Locations and availability (10)

• Currently 3.6543209876543 of 4 stars
 |  feeling great  |  show details
by Valente on Dec 9th, 2013

I had a curvical fusion by Dr. Won and his team. I had so much pain before the surgery. None of the traditional treatment relieve the symptoms. I went to 3 other spine surgeons and none of them answered my questions to my satisfaction. Dr. Won and Dr. Samir took the time and explained the whole process so that I felt comfortable. After surgery, I had a bad sore throat, but now, one month after surgery, I am pain free. PAIN FREE. It's amazing! I got my life back.

by Conrad on Sep 30th, 2013

Dr Won was fabulous. Many surgeons told me my problem was too complicated and told me to learn to live with my pain and sent me to pain management. Dr Won and his assistant Samir took their time to evaluate and developed a surgical plan. Now, after 6 months since my surgery, I am pain free. Dr Won and his team was caring and highly skilled. He saved my life. My way of life before the surgery was not worth living. Thank you, Dr Won and his team at Minimally Invasive Spine Care.

|  So thankful I went to him!  |  show details
by Crystal on Mar 26th, 2013

I had fallen off a ladder and had horrible back pain. I decided to go see Dr. Won and was referred by a friend. He let me know that I needed spine surgery and explained to me the procedure in detail. It was a success his office and him were amazing. I am so thankful I went to the best spine surgeon in Texas! My recovery was fast and easy!

Doctor's Response

Thank you, for your kind words. Everyone at Minimally Invasive SpineCare will always put our patients, first. We will do whatever it's necessary to find a solution for your spine pain. Douglas Won, MD

|  Best Spine Doc in the Metroplex!  |  show details
by Melissa on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Won is amongst the most compassionate & efficient doctors I have ever been treated by! Words can't express how much he has changed my life with a successful minimally invasive surgery for my spine. I feel like a whole new person again! I highly recommend Dr. Won for excellent treatment!

Doctor's Response

Thank you, for your comment. It's a great pleasure to take care of a patient who's in pain, and very rewarding to hear your comments. All the staff at Minimally Invasive SpineCare takes great pride in their work. For more information, please, check out www.SpineCareDFW.com Douglas Won, MD

|  1st Choice  |  show details
by Mark S on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr Won is the most caring physician! He listens and had a minimal approach to my back problem. He is very easy to talk to and explains my options, I did not feel rushed, or as though he was too busy to talk to me! I have been to 2 other surgeons and he is the only one that I trust to do my disc repair.

Doctor's Response

Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery approach is the best method if you need spine surgery. We are very happy you are doing well. Check out www.SpineCareDFW.com for more information about innovative approach to treat spine disorders. Douglas Won, MD

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2013

My husband was treated with non-invasive pain procedure. It was amazing. Within 15 minutes of treatment, his pain was gone. It really was amazing.

Doctor's Response

NIPP (non-invasive pain procedure) is an amazing device that treats acute and chronic pain. Minimally Invasive SpineCare was the first to perform this procedure in Texas, and very excited for our patients. For more information, please, go to www.FixPain.com Douglas Won, MD

by Karen Johnson on Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. Won and his staff are the most compassionate medical professionals. They really took the time to understand my pain. I had NIP (Non-Invasive Pain) Procedure, and now I am able to walk without severe pain running down my legs. No surgery was necessary.

Doctor's Response

It's very exciting to hear that you are doing well. NIP Procedure (non-invasive pain procedure) has helped many patients with pain without surgery. For more information, please, go to www.FixPain.com Douglas Won, MD

|  NIPP  |  show details
by Terry A on Feb 18th, 2013

Dr. Won … I just want to say thank you…thank you for Friday. I heard my neck make a snapping noise when I reached under my desk to get my pen that was early in the morning on Thursday…..by 2pm it was hurting so very bad that I had to leave and go home. When I finally got home NOTHING seemed to help the pain it just got progressively worse. Friday morning by the time I had drove from my home in Mesquite I felt like I had ridden in a Semi everything in my body was screaming but my head / neck was really what was screaming … I had dots / flashes in my eyes and burning all in my neck and head. NEVER has my head hurt like that …thus you had a VERY BIG cry baby to deal with. Dr. Won ..I want to humbly say thank you for being so kind and understanding / after you so graciously came over there and did my NIPP before my appt. I stayed in the chair down there for about 1 hour the NIPP started to ease the horrible pain in my head and was able to drive back home I slept most of the day (due to absolutely no sleep the night before) and by 8pm Friday that was NO PAIN at all. I want to thank you …Spine Care… NIPP for giving me myself back. Dr. Won you are AWESOME in my eyes and several others. I’m blessed beyond and above to one have such a fabulous and caring Dr. and second to also be able to say that I work with and for the most AWESOME group of people / Clinic… the NIPP is the most amazing thing EVER and so VERY thankful that you have brought it to us. I went from having a level 56 in pain on Friday to having a moderate 2 this Monday morning. THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU !!!! THANK YOU !!!!

Doctor's Response

So happy to hear you are doing better. Other patients can go to www.FixPain.com to get more information about this amazing procedure. No more surgery is necessary. Douglas Won, MD

|  Life saver  |  show details
by Richard Mosqueda on Feb 13th, 2013

I went to Dr. Won cause he was my last chance. All other doctors are about filling you full of drugs and keeping you coming back to line there pockets with your hard earned money and never fixing your problem. When Dr. Won saw me and looked at my MRI and X-rays he asked why I had not been operated on already so a few weeks later I was on the table and back on my feet. He helped me feel my legs again I am now running in every obstical race I can get into cause I can feel my legs and have full range of motion without pain. There is a special spot in heaven for you Dr. Won you are truely a life changer and saver.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, for our kind words. We hope to keep helping many patients with spinal stenosis. For more information, please, go to www.SpineCareDFW.com Douglas Won, MD

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

It has been approximately three months since Dr Won performed a 360 lumbar fusion for me on L5/S1 and L5/L4. The results have been excellent. All nerve pain is relieved and most post op pain is over. A few days of very minor irritation still exist, but all get better every day. The follow up visits have been good and all xrays show it healing just like we want it to. It has been an excellent experience for me. I was a little scared going into this serious of an operation, but they took really good care of me, and still are.

Nov 9th, 2012

Excellent Care, would highly reccomend this physician!

|  Awesome  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

I am from South Louisiana and recommend Dr. Won to everyone that has any back issues. Well worth the trip. Have my life back after 6 years.

|  excellent surgeon  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

I am feeling so much better after minimally invasive spinal fusion. Incision was extremely small and I left the hospital the next morning. I got my life back thanks to Dr. Won and Dr. Samir. They are the best at Microsurgery.

|  They saved my life!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

I met Dr. Won in 2007 when I had my first back surgery fusion, I had rods and screws put in from L1-S1. I was doing great until the last two weeks of October of 2010, when I went on a trip to the Ukraine. I was feeling a bit sore towards the end of the trip, but nothing unbearable until I had to take a 9 hour bus trip to where we were suppose to catch our plane home. The jarring from the bus on the bumpy road was just destroying my back. That was a horrible trip.I got home and went to the doctor to get checked out. They took some x-rays and told me everything looked fine, but something was wrong, I was having problems with my legs. They sent me to physical therapy and that only made it worse, I had to start using a walker. I went for a Myelogram and two days later, my legs stopped working. The paramedics had to come get me, so I could get to the emergency room to see what was happening. I had an MRI done and well, found out I need to go thru surgery again. Dr. Won was in surgery that day, so Dr. Rhim came to see me at the hospital to tell me my options. My nerves were so crunched that it was cutting off the signals to my brain to tell my legs to move. I had such bad arthritis and degenerative disc disease that I just couldnt fight it on my own. Dr Rhim explained that surgery was my only option. I had a neck fusion on December 17th, 2010 and then another back fusion done on December 29th, 2010 from T9 thru S1. I have to say, I am walking today without a walker or cane, I only have to do maintenance physical therapy, I drive, I work, I sing in the choirI have my life back. I am 70 years old and I still have my life because of Dr. Won and his team.

|  Miracle  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

Dr. Won is my angle. He is a miracle worker and I can't thank him enough. He is the BEST doctor around. I can't say enough wonderful things about him and his staff.

|  great doc  |  show details
Dec 25th, 2011

now, here is a Surgeon that cares. We were so scared about our surgery. He spent an hour with us explaining the anatomy, our disease, and why we needed the surgery. He was so comforting. After the surgery, most of my pain is now gone. I'm working hard on physical therapy, and looking forward to getting back in the gym.

Nov 7th, 2011

Dr. Won has helped me immensely...I am finally pain free for the first time in ten years. I can't thank him enough.

|  ran for first time in 10 years  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

I recently had a back surgery by Dr. Won at Minimally invasive spine center. All these years, I was told my disease was too complicated to be fixed by surgery. I left the hospital next day after minimally invasive fusion by Dr. Won. It's been little over three months and I ran for first time in nearly 10 years. I started crying. Thanks.

|  Dr. Won's staff really cares  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

I had a great experience with Dr. Won and his staff. I had a severe pain when I visited the clinic. They were very informative and gentle. After my treatment, they followed up with me, and now I feel 95% better. I had an outpatient minimally invasive surgery. My leg pain is gone, and my back pain is almost gone. I am very happy, and glad I did my research and found Dr. Won and his staff. Mike-

|  Best Spine Surgeon  |  show details
by Elizabeth on Sep 9th, 2011

I would not send myself or my loved ones to any other spine surgeon. Dr. Won is constantly studying and learning the newest techniques, technologies and procedures to treat/care for any spine condition. Dr. Won is highly trained and genuinely wants the best for all of his patients. He first uses conservative methods to treat back pain and will only do surgery if the patient fails all conservative treatments. I got lucky to find such good spine care.

|  Very nice staff  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

these guys know what they are doing. I was treated like a king. Dr Douglas Won's staff was very patient and informative. Dr Won explained my problem, went over the MRI, and thoroughly explained the issues I had. I followed his conservative care treatment with injections, and exercises. I feel 90% better. He talked me out of the surgery and I thank him for it. He is a caring surgeon. Jim-

|  Pain free  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2011

I had pain for 12 years. When I work up from the surgery, I was pain free. Dr. Won was so compassionate and patient with me. I am so thankful for his care.

|  Great Spine Surgeon  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2011

I had pain for so many years. Over 10 years. So many surgeons said they couldn't help. But Dr. Won saw my films and immediately made the diagnosis. He couldn't guarantee my pain will be gone but he will do his best. After 2 hours of surgery, I am now pain free for the first time in 10 years. Now, three months after my surgery, I am exercising everyday and living a much healthy life style. I owe it all the Dr. Won and his staff. Thank you.

|  Should not be allowed to have another patient.... ever!  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Went to this Dr. for pain down the right side of my back. He put rods in my back during a 10.5 hour surgery, in which I nearly died (relatives were called in).The substandard rods he put in broke within two weeks of my return home. He did not want to replace them. I told him I still had pain, he did another surgery, could find nothing wrong. Still pain, still another surgery, still could not find anything wrong, even after a multitude of very expensive MRI, cat scans, etc. After a few visits, he "DISMISSED me", with no pain meds or recommendations. Eventually, a pain therapist recommended another doctor in Burleson. I did a quick in-office xray, the doctor looked at it for about 3 seconds, showed me on the simple xray how bad my hip looked, and that was the source of my pain. He replaced my hip. Then he was able to do another surgery after one year, and he removed the sub-standard broken rods, replaced them with good ones, and I seldom, if ever, have any pain in my back. ( only if the weather is bad). I talked to lawyers about suing Dr Won, but because the medical costs were so outrageous, they said they couldn't make anything on the case, and refused, even though they sympathized with me. This doctor should not be allowed to practice.

Doctor's Response

I am truly sorry if this is a real patient, but I believe this is a false statement and false patient. I perform only minimally invasive surgeries, and have not performed a surgery that lasts more than 3-5 hours. Most of our surgeries last less than an hour. If this is a real patient, please, identify yourself and please, let us evaluate your for FREE.

|  HE'S THE BEST  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

Dr. Won has great bedside manner and always made me feel as though I was his only patient. He never hurried to leave until I was through asking questions.I would recommend Dr. Won in a heartbeat, as a matter of fact, have recommended him to many of my friends and even to my family physician to recommend him to other patients.

|  BEST Spine Doctor, Best Staff, Best PA- ALL EXCELLENT!!!  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

I went to the brand new Spine Institute off of 75 after a horrible experience with another spine Dr in West Plano. First of all, this facility is amazing... state of the art, super clean, beautiful. Everyone there is super helpful, fun, and everyone truly CARES about you.After visiting with Dr. Won's PA, I met with Dr Won. He explained what was on my MRI and said that I needed surgery to repair my L4/L5 and that this could be done minimally invasive. I was scared because of some of the horror stories I had heard from patients of other doctors.When it came time for my surgery, I was nervous. Not to worry though as the staff at the spine institute put me at ease and explained everything. Dr Won, his assistants, and the anesthesiologist came to take me to surgery right on time, and walked back to the surgery room as a team. The surgery room was like none I have been in... it was state of the art, yet music was playing and everyone was smiling. You could really tell that these guys knew what they were doing and were confident.I woke up in recovery to the best staff that I have ever seen. They constantly made me comfortable, made me laugh, which in turn made me relax. These people all enjoy their profession, and it shows! Dr Won met with my family and let them know that they had found more damage than they had seen on the MRI, but were able to repair it.It has been five days since my surgery, and the only way I can describe the results are that I knew I had pain before, but I NEVER knew exactly how badly I was hurting on a daily basis until I have gone a few days with ZERO pain! I still have some pain from the surgery and can feel a stiffness that "something" has been done, but it is NOTHING...NOTHING like the pain I had before! Before surgery, I would almost pass out if I moved my back in a certain way... now, I have NO PAIN AT ALL... no pain in my back, no pain in my hips, no pain down my legs... it's just gone! I have zero stitches, and feel like a new man. I have a back brace that I have to wear for six weeks, and have been told that I can't lift anything over 10 pounds for six weeks... the only concern that I have is that I feel so great that it is going to be difficult to take it easy for six weeks.I will recommend Dr. Won to anyone who has back problems. Thank you so much for for your professionalism, your skill, and for the best experience and results I could have asked for!-Kelly

|  Best surgeon  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

I am pain free. My incision is less than 1cm. I am back walking 6 miles a day. Thank you, Dr. Won, and his staff.

Doctor's Response

Thank you, so much for sharing your experience. We are very excited that we were able to help. Dr. Won

|  feeling good  |  show details
by Kendra on Mar 20th, 2011

I had surgery with Dr. Douglas Won at Minimally Invasive Spine Institute. I suffered from chronic pain for 12 years. After outpatient surgery with less than 1cm incision, I walked out of the surgery center pain free. I am so thankful. Dr. Won and his staff are awesome.

Doctor's Response

Ms. Kendra, thank you for sharing your experience. We are honored to take part in your care. We wish you the best. Dr. Won

|  Laser spine surgery works  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

I had laser spine surgery with Dr. Won. I can barely see my incision on my side. My pain was gone instantly and worked out of the hospital. I was awake during the surgery. I am playing golf three weeks after my surgery. Should have done this long ago.

|  Very happy with my back surgery  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2011

I suffered from severe back pain for many years. One hour after my Laser Endoscopic back surgery, I walked out of the hospital and returned to work the next day. I am back playing golf after 3 weeks. I should have done my surgery with Dr. Won, a long time ago.

|  I feeling great  |  show details
by Sharif on Dec 6th, 2010

I just had my neck surgery. I couldn't sleep for weeks. When I woke up from surgery, I was pain free. I am so excited and thankful. Thank you, Dr. Won and his staff for bringing miracle to me and my family this holiday season.

|  he fixed my difficult problem and now i have my life back  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

All the surgeons told me I needed a big open back surgery. With Dr. Won, I had an 8mm incision and my surgery was done with an endoscope while I was awake. Most of my pain is gone. I still have little numbness, but feel so much better than ever before. I can play with my kids again.

|  Pain is gone  |  show details
by Andrew on Sep 29th, 2010

Dr. Won's skill is amazing. I was in my wheelchair for weeks. Immediately after my surgery, I walked out of the hospital. I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Also, his staff is amazing. I had a great experience in his office.

|  Surgery went very well  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2010

It's been a year since my minimally invasive surgery with Dr Won. I am still pain free. I previously had surgery at another center and it was not successful. I was pain free when I woke up from surgery. I was released from the surgery center on same day. I highly recommend Dr Won.

|  My back pain is cured  |  show details
by James on Sep 5th, 2010

Dr Won and his staff were so professional and courteous. I had incredible pain for long time. I had an outpatient surgery and went home two hours after surgery. It's been 2 months and I am back kickboxing.

|  Recommending Dr Won  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2010

I'm vert satisfied with my surgical result. Went back to work next day.

|  Pain is gone  |  show details
by Malcom on Jul 17th, 2010

I had pain for last few years. I was in so much pain. My previous doctors just kept giving me injections that didn't last very long. I finally found Dr. Won on the internet and had surgery with him. He is so kind. I walked out of the hospital 1 hour after my surgery. It's been 6 weeks since my surgery, and I hit my golf ball today, and I feel great!

|  uncaring robot  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2010

I had surgery from this man, he made me worse. The worst part was the after care. He did not return calls and is as compassionate as a robot. He only wants money

Doctor's Response

To whom it may concern, I am truly sorry that you had a bad experience. We do our best to take best care of all our patient. We make every attempts to return our patients phone call on same day. We have a great success with our minimally invasive surgery, but unfortunately, we can't help everyone. Many of our procedures, success rate is 90-95%. The flip side is some patients will not be better. Again, I apologize for your lack of best experience. If there's anything else we can do, please, contact us.

|  feeling good  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2010

Dr. Won's office was great. His staff really cares about the patients. I am a physician and have done my research. I have traveled from far, because Dr. Won has a wonderful reputation. Some of my patients have traveled to have surgery by Dr. Won, and they have all done amazingly well. I feel great. I can barely see my incision.

|  pain is gone  |  show details
by Kraig on Jun 1st, 2010

I had my minimally invasive laser surgery with Dr. Won. I went back to work the next day, and been pain free for months. I wouldn't do it any other way than minimally invasive method.

|  Back at pro golf tour again  |  show details
May 1st, 2010

I am a professional golfer and after a golf swing, developed a severe pain in my back as well as my leg. I couldn't move for weeks. I had a outpatient day surgery with Dr. Won, and I walked out of the hospital on same day. I'm back on the tour.

|  feeling good after my surgery  |  show details
by Kurt on Apr 3rd, 2010

I had pain for four years. When I woke up from my surgery, my pain was gone! Now, I am getting ready to run my first marathon. I also lost 40 lbs since my surgery. Dr. Won gave me a new life.

|  I'm pain free  |  show details
by Larry on Mar 31st, 2010

I was partially paralyzed before I saw dr. won. I didn't think i could ever walk again. With extremely small incision, he fixed my spine and now I can walk again. His hands are truly gifted. Thank you, dr. won.

|  Free of back pain  |  show details
by Jennifer on Mar 11th, 2010

I had laser spine surgery with Dr. Won. I'm a nurse at a very large hospital so I am very familiar with all the spine surgeons. I was pain free after my procedure which lasted 30 minutes. He was very thoughtful and kind. Thank you, Dr Won.

|  I'm Pain Free  |  show details
by Jan on Feb 11th, 2010

I have had pain for over 10 years. My incision was less than 5mm. I am pain free. Dr. Won was so nice, and his staff was great. I got my life back!

|  He is running a walmart of spine pain  |  show details
Nov 20th, 2009

He did a minimilly invasive surgery on me and made me worse, the worst part is that i had to call 20 times to see hime or sometimes just show up. He is uncaring and only into money

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you were not able to get the result you wished to get. We are doing our best to get you the best care and best result. We are happy to re-evaluate you to see if we are able to help you. Sometimes, patients do not respond to surgery. If so, there are other measures we can take. Please, let us know if we can help in anyway. Sincerely, Dr. Won

|  got my life back  |  show details
by JP on Oct 20th, 2009

I had minimally invasive laser surgery with Dr. Won. My incision was 5mm and I walked out of the surgery center pain free. It was amazing. Other doctors wanted me to have big open back fusion. I've returned to my sports, and so excited.

|  I got my life back  |  show details
by Deborah on Sep 6th, 2009

Dr. Won was wonderful. I had chronic pain for 10 years. I couldn't even pick up my kids. After my Laser spine surgery, I am pain free. I have just completed half marathon. I got my life back. Thank you