Dr. Douglas Zischkau MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 5th, 2016
Dr. Zischkau gets the diagnosis right the first time. He is very concerned about me as a patient, and very professional.

October 29th, 2015
BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!!
I have found Dr. Zischkau to be a man of great character, and intelligence. I have been to many, many doctors because I have a difficult case. But one constant is I have found it easiest to return and be cared for by Dr. Z. He is kind, and is not one to give up. He is one of the most intelligent doctors I have ever seen. And you can bet if he doesn't have an answer when he first sees you he will come back with an answer for you. I love this doctor, and his awesome brain.

June 12th, 2015
Doctor review
Doctor has extensive medical knowledge. Simply wording it. This doctor can diagnose and correctly attend to any possible medical condition you may be experiencing.

March 9th, 2014
NEVER again
By far one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Had to wait 1 hour past my appointment time. I went in for bacterial upper resp. infection that I get every year it seems like. He asked what I usually take for that and I told him- simple amoxicillin- and he prescribed me something different. I told him I didn't want something different but he assured me it would still work. It had terrible side effects for me. Called first thing the next morning to get a new prescription, preferably for what I usually take with excellent results and after 5 hours I was finally told to just try half a pill instead that evening and call if that doesn't help- so I did and still had same issues. Called first thing in the morning and told them I was still having same problem. I was called back 4 hours later and told that I had one days dosage so that would be fine and to just discontinue taking anything. So 3 days later now and still not feeling much better and will have to go to different Dr. tomorrow to get prescription I should have gotten from the beginning.

July 20th, 2013
He lets his religion affect the way he treats his patients
At first, I thought he was a good doctor. He seemed to be knowledgeable, eager to help, and has a very dry sense of humor. However, he neglects to tell his patients something that is very important. He refuses to prescribe birth control for any reason, citing religious beliefs. I found this out because my prescription for hormonal birth control ran out and I was told by his office staff that he would not prescribe it for any reason and that I would have to see another doctor to get it refilled. I have a medical condition which is treated by hormonal birth control. This doctor knew about my condition, he knew about my medication, and yet still never said anything to me about refusing to prescribe it. I feel that this is extreme negligence on his part, and honestly even feel a little betrayed. I don't believe a doctor should ever let his personal religious beliefs stand in the way of treating a patient.