Family Practitioner
1600 N Main Ave
Suite 301
Lovington, NM 88260
575-396-3529
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

|  NEVER again  |  show details
Mar 9th, 2014

By far one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Had to wait 1 hour past my appointment time. I went in for bacterial upper resp. infection that I get every year it seems like. He asked what I usually take for that and I told him- simple amoxicillin- and he prescribed me something different. I told him I didn't want something different but he assured me it would still work. It had terrible side effects for me. Called first thing the next morning to get a new prescription, preferably for what I usually take with excellent results and after 5 hours I was finally told to just try half a pill instead that evening and call if that doesn't help- so I did and still had same issues. Called first thing in the morning and told them I was still having same problem. I was called back 4 hours later and told that I had one days dosage so that would be fine and to just discontinue taking anything. So 3 days later now and still not feeling much better and will have to go to different Dr. tomorrow to get prescription I should have gotten from the beginning.

|  He lets his religion affect the way he treats his patients  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2013

At first, I thought he was a good doctor. He seemed to be knowledgeable, eager to help, and has a very dry sense of humor. However, he neglects to tell his patients something that is very important. He refuses to prescribe birth control for any reason, citing religious beliefs. I found this out because my prescription for hormonal birth control ran out and I was told by his office staff that he would not prescribe it for any reason and that I would have to see another doctor to get it refilled. I have a medical condition which is treated by hormonal birth control. This doctor knew about my condition, he knew about my medication, and yet still never said anything to me about refusing to prescribe it. I feel that this is extreme negligence on his part, and honestly even feel a little betrayed. I don't believe a doctor should ever let his personal religious beliefs stand in the way of treating a patient.

|  Falsifying medical records  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

I reviewed my files at Rio Grande (Deming Primary Care) after he suddenly left and I learned that Dr Z had put information on my records that he said he discussed with me but never had. Also listed prescriptions that he did not give me.