Dr. Douglass Powell Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglass Powell?

Menopause is not for veterinarians

Posted on September 6th, 2016

I believe that, overall, Dr. Powell is a competent physician, with a nurse practitioner staff that is very knowledgeable. Sometimes GYN offices know MORE about physiology than PCPs. However, I was very disappointed in the reception I received when describing some very troubling menopausal symptoms. When I attempted to note my psychologically-based symptoms, both he and his nurse found my complaints strange, and were dismissive. Only hot flashes seemed to warrant his attention; otherwise, I was SOL. I was forced to find another, more knowledgeable practitioner.

Posted on September 9th, 2015

I prefer a female NP however the two I've had there have left his employ. The unannounced rectal probing was very uncomfortable and emotionally hard due my traumatic history. His comment was the past is the past.

Posted on April 10th, 2015

Have been a patient for over 25 years and great confidence in him.

Posted on November 8th, 2011

I cannot say how wonderful Dr. Powell is. I went to him after my own doctor retired due to health issues. I thought I was entering menopause at 45 and learned I had a large fibroid tumor. I elected to have a hysterectomy as children were no longer an issue. I was only in the hospital over night and had hardly any pain. There was also no gas pains as it was partially done laparscopically. He is one of the kindest and most caring doctors I have ever met. He's also an excellent doctor.

Posted on June 16th, 2017