Dr. Dror Paley MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery West Palm Beach, FL

3.8

February 1st, 2014
Great if you're rich but cripples the poor and makes them poorer
Instead of informing us of the proper device that could have fixed my daughter's knee contracture which was due to his over-lengthening her leg, this "brilliant genius" wasted my time and money by prescribing two different costly braces over the span of a year that he clearly must have known were useless for patients with her condition, then finally had his tech attempt to make one that didn't work and didn't fit and sent us home without even checking it properly. The only knee brace that works for contractures was created by his former associate, Anil Bhave, in Baltimore at the RAIO PT clinic. Bhave has successfully treated thousands of patients with lengthening complications, including Dr. Paley's, with his Custom Knee Device. Dr. Paley neglected to inform us of this simple and obvious fact that could have saved us years of my daughter's young life and thousands of dollars to insurance and out of my own pocketbook. As it is, he pretty much ruined our lives.

January 3rd, 2014
The reviews on here are a bit harsh. Our child has had 3 surgeries under 5 years old, with all of them happening in one year(s) time. Dr. Paley is dealing with mostly children with limb deficiencies or those that have problems that are so severe most doctors will not even operate. The surgeries he performs a not "typical" involving bones, ligaments and cartilage that are non existent or in all the wrong places. What doctor Paley is able to do is to provide families with hope when they have grown to expect hopelessness. Our child had essentially no hip, and has a short femur. Many other cases are much more severe. The accuracy and precision he and his staff are able to accomplish are absolutely amazing. To say Dr. Paley is a visionary is to put it mildly. He is involved in creating procedures, devices and techniques that have never been done before. He is truly revolutionizing the sciences needed to help people with limb deficiencies lead a normal life. We have come a long way with him and our child, and have a long way to go. MOST of the staff his office employs are very friendly and very helpful. This has been evolving and has drastically improved over the last year. Dr. Paley's office has 2-3 dedicated patient advocates who is there to facilitate information to the patient and their family--THIS IS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT. His PA's are some of the most dedicated medical staff ever. If there is an emergency or medical concern, they respond right away. Once we worried about an infection and texted pictures over to the office and Dr. Paley's PA (Servando) reviewed right away at 1AM. That kind of dedication is difficult to find elsewhere. Is there still room for improvement, yes. Follow up on a regular basis is somewhat slow and delayed often. Bedside manner is sometimes difficult at times too. What would you rather have a "really nice" doctor, or one that is brilliant with a mind that might not relate to people in the best way. I would take the brilliance when dealing with my kid. Finally, promptness has been a concern, but is improving. It is known that a scheduled appointment can be a long wait. It is true. My son was in surgery once for 11 hours. When I have to wait a longer time I think about my son......would I want Dr. Paley to take a little extra time in surgery, or be rushed like all other doctors in the US to see patients to make money. I think punctuality is getting better evidenced by additions to staff, NP, administration, ect. I have done a lot of research to find this office, and this doctor. I would travel the world for the best specialist, and trust his hands and his care over any other that I have found. I hope this helps others with similar cases. BEST OF LUCK!

March 21st, 2012
Every Step Of The Way
Our daughter has had surgery six times five of these with Paley. we are confident with him and the team that works with him all adore him. He is our hope, has always been up front with us and performed one surgery that was 12 hours long. Amazing, adoring and admiration for the outcomes he is helping so many achieve. we love him and are proud to be in his care. we also travel quite a long way to see him. It continues to amaze me the way he promptly returns my frantic emails. sometimes from other counties at 3 am. He goes above and beyond for his patients. Love his staff too!

August 17th, 2011
Outstanding profesionalism and knowledge.
Dr. Paley is by far the best physican , ortopeadic that I ever met.

August 13th, 2011
BLESSED
My son was born with a very rare condition which left him with a hip that wasn't functional and a leg which is significantly shorter than the other. Numerous doctors told us to amputate and to furthermore expect him to be wheelchair bound by age 40. We were blessed to find Dr. Paley. Although we have to travel upwards of 3,000 miles to see him, we wouldn't have made any other choice for our son. His staff are extremely compassionate and accommodating and they all have his direct ear. His waits can be long but it certainly is worth every minute. My son is blessed to be in his care.

August 9th, 2011
Dr. Paley is an awesome surgeon and goes above and beyond for his patients. He stays until the last patient is seen even if it means he is there until 10:30 pm. Last week my son had a set back and broke his leg. Although Dr. Paley was in Sicily, he was in communication with his PA within minutes of receiving the xrays via his iphone. He may not have a lot of time available in the office, but will always answer any questions via email. There isn't another surgeon out there that I would trust with my son.

July 22nd, 2011
most experienced in world, but no follow-up
Dr. Paley is a very caring doctor and a world-class genius but the management of his clinic is terrible and there's no accountability, so patients receive no follow-up and dangerous mistakes happen.

January 20th, 2011
Good surgeon but patient care is terrible.
Dr Paley is the most skilled surgeon in his field and he knows it. He and his staff will let you know that you are just a number and if you don't like it then hit the road. We have been treated horribly by this office. The wait time is ridiculous, they treat you like a number, the patient to staff ratio is unacceptable. They made mistakes and then lied to try to cover them up, lost records, don't return phone messages all with the ugliest attitude I have ever encountered.

April 30th, 2010
don't expect to lay eyes on him post-op
Dr. Paley's operation is only partly Dr. Paley, and partly his entourage. When there's a problem or question, don't expect Dr. Paley to answer or address the problem. And, if you're trying to reach Dr. Paley, good luck.