Dr. Duane Banks Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Duane Banks?

April 28th, 2017

YEARS OF POSITIVE HELP

DR. BANKS HAS BEEN GREAT TO EVALUATE AND THEN PRESCRIBE MEDICATION I HAVE NEEDED FOR YEARS. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CARING LISTENER.

April 22nd, 2015

What was that?

It took 6 weeks to see him. I felt like I was lead in the direction he was interested in. When the time ran out he was ready to prescribe. I told him I was uncomfortable and would rather make another appointment before I just threw out the only thing that had ever helped me and replace it with his Rx because I still had questions. He said he didn't trust something that worked so quickly and made me feel normal for three months before I had a surgery with terrible complications that has thrown everything out of whack. He told me I couldn't have ADHD because I had straight A's for too long. My history of bad experiences with antidepressants was so bad that I told him I had battled depression on my own since 1998. That did not stop him from suggesting Wellbutrin even after I just told him that Wellbutrin had made me a zombie and I felt it had caused me to stay in a dangerous situation that I should have gotten out of a year and a half earlier than I did. I had just told him that it made me so detached that you could have cut a baby up in front of me while I was on it, and my response would have been, "How interesting." He seemed like he was going to insist I take it again and go back to that purgatory, so I told him flat out that I would never take that again so he needed to just take it off the table. When I asked him if there would be a drug interaction with Ritalin. He just said Ritalin didn't treat depression. I asked if I should stop taking it. I guess it must have been obvious to him because he didn't answer that question even though I asked it several times. I don't know if the Rx is good or not, but I don't trust him at all. I felt traumatized by the crap I had to dig up only to have him say that we were out of time. All I can say about him is if you are looking for Wellbutrin I think he is your guy. If you have a very complicated history, don't let him dig it out of you. You will just run out of time. I have never had an experience where I was so destabilized and had a doctor just shift gears into. "You are out of time."

March 10th, 2015

Good experience

Very good professional. Listens to you with attention, very kind. I recommend him

May 2nd, 2014

I have seen Dr. Banks for some time. He has been good at answering questions and always felt confident that I was getting good care. When I have had side effects with medication, I always felt I could call without feeling like I was a bother.

September 27th, 2013

I have seen Dr. Banks for some time. He has always been friendly and had my best interest at heart. He is also very good at returning my calls to answer my questions.

August 10th, 2013

I would highly reccomend Dr. Banks. I have felt he genuinely cared and took the time needed to understand my history.

February 2nd, 2009

Dr Banks didn't look beyond the mark and come up with opinions about my life that have nothing to do with my diagnosis--like psychiatrists tend to do. He focused on the problem at hand. I also appreciated that he called me back when I needed my medications and didn't get annoyed even though he called in the prescription from an airport.

July 29th, 2008

Not Recommended

I went there because i have social anxiety to have him see if there is anything i could do or take to help me out. He was horrible. He was arrogant and was not helpful in this. I also paid my co-pay when i saw him at the appointment but, he said i never paid him and sent me to collections trying to have me pay him the $69 co-pay twice. Now i'm trying to get it off my credit report even though i paid for my appointment up front. I would not recommend Dr Duane Banks.

May 2nd, 2017