A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Duane Mitzel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Duane Mitzel is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Duane Mitzel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Mitzel graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Mitzel has 23 hospital affiliations:
- Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- John C Lincoln Hospital - Deer Valley
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mitzel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 2 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 4 plans
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Duane L. Mitzel practice?
Dr. Duane Mitzel practices Ophthalmology near Phoenix, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Scottsdale, AZ and Glendale, AZ.
See Phoenix Ophthalmologists.