Dr. Duc Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Redwood City, CA

3.6

August 23rd, 2015
Just go somewhere else
Broke my tib/fib dr. Nguyen put a plate and screws in my tibia. The two bottoms screws in my tibia were too long and were putting pressure on my fibula, in turn pulling my ankle bone or talus out of position via the ligament which connects the two. He didn't notice this huge mistake until it was time to take my cast off. The condition was evident in the X-rays they took nine days after the surgery but dr. Nguyen failed to notice. Dr. Nguyen made himself available for surgery to correct the condition the following day but I opted to get a second opinion and had dr. Jeffrey Halbrecht in San Francisco perform the surgery. I've been off of work for five months for a condition that should have taken three months to correct. His bedside manner was also terrible. It was kind of like talking to a wall. Thanks duc!

July 11th, 2013
A Very Good Orthopaedic Surgeon
He has very good bedside manners, made me feel assured of getting the best care and did a very successful surgery (ORIF) on my right ankle, which was fractured on two sides. He explained thoroughly the procedure he had to do and followed up the stages of my recovery excellently. My doctor and nurse friends of SMMC were absolutely right in saying that I was blessed to have the best orthopaedic surgeon to take care of my injury. THANK YOU VERY MUCH DR. NGUYEN !!! MORE POWER TO YOU!!!

June 11th, 2012
Best ortho around
Knows his clients, efficient, presents options, flexible, caring staff. I have been a patient for 20 years and recommend Dr, Nguyen to anyone.

November 29th, 2011
Best Opinion I have ever had!!
Excellent Doctor - went for a fracture foot got a cast - he noticed my blood pressure was execessive - got me into a cardiologist with 24 hours - saved my life!!I waited in the waiting room like other patients but is worth the wait he takes he's time and that's what we all need from a Doctor

October 20th, 2010
Ruined my friend's back
Permanently ruined my friend's back with a misdiagnosis and poor surgery that led to an infection due to leaving an object inside of her. Stay away from this guy!

August 5th, 2008
Good doc, poor staff
I had surgery performed by Dr Nguyen and I felt he displayed a great deal of skill. I have only one complaint about him and that is, like some other surgeons, he doesn't think about physical therapy much. I had to bring up the subject of PT with him and his response was, "Just ride an exercycle at home." (This was after a broken hip.) His office staff, although very friendly, are the worst I have ever experienced in terms of caring how long a patient has to wait. I always - always - had to wait a long time in his office and once was made to wait 45 minutes just to be told that the x-ray machine was broken that day and so the doc couldn't see me. The machine had been broken all morning. They could have told me that when I came in but they didn't bother.