Dr. Duc Tran DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 29th, 2015
Excellent doctor

September 15th, 2015
Dr. Duc Tran is a very sweet and knowledgeable. I am afraid of needles, but I hardly feel any pain whenever he has to take my blood or inject medication. Besides my arms, he has injected medication on my temples due to a swelling and I was surprised that it didn't hurt at all. He really has the medical/doctor aspiration. I live 30 minutes away, but he takes good care of me, so it's worth it. The wait time is somewhat long because he really engages and diagnose throughly with patients.

December 21st, 2014
Scheduling appointment(s) is useless and the doctor is incompetent, and doesn’t listen to patient(s). I scheduled an appointment to see the doctor for a “check-up”. The staff kept on claiming that I was coming in for a “physical” and was going to make me wait 2 extra weeks to see the doctor. When I informed the staff that I just wanted to come in for a check-up and get meds, they blamed me for saying “physical” instead of “check-up”. (Ahem.) When I came in on the day of my appointment (25 minutes early), the staff still said “physical”. (Ahem again.) I got called in 8 minutes before my scheduled appointment time to weigh in and check my blood pressure. I was then sent to one of the offices for a check-up. The doctor didn’t come in to see me until 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. I didn’t get out of the doctor until 1 hour or so after seeing the doctor because he left me to check up on other patients. Incompetent: 1. I heard him talking to one of his other patients; he didn’t even know her profile and said, “you have diabetes, right?” The patient answered back and said that she doesn’t have diabetes. (What doctor doesn’t read a patient’s profile / file before talking to him/her?) 2. I came in because I have the sniffles, coughing, and a cyst growing near my thigh area (making it difficult for me to wear clothes and walk). I have had cysts grown on my body before – not near my thigh area but on my ears. Therefore, I know what’s going to happen to the cyst(s) in the beginning, middle, and end stages. I asked the doctor for antibiotic medication (oral and ointment) to take for the cyst and to put on for when the cyst breaks / pops. Plus, when he did a check-up of my thigh area of the cyst, there were scabs on my legs (I needed the ointment for these, too). He said that I only needed antibiotic medication (oral) because it should make it disappear. (He didn’t mention anything about the scabs on my legs.) Guess what? The cyst is still there but now it is popped and bleeding. 3. In addition, whenever I am sick, my asthma acts up (I have had a check-up with him before, he knows this and he admitted to me that asthma kicks in when people are sick and says that he can hear it in my breathing). At the end of the check-up, he only gave me 2 medications (oral antibiotic and robitussin) – no inhaler and/or oral medications for my asthma. I saw that some medications were omitted, so when I went to the pharmacy to order and pick up my medications, I asked the pharmacy to request the doctor to give me an inhaler and antibiotic ointment (for my scabs and when the cyst breaks / pops and bleeds). He only prescribed me the inhaler and said that I don’t need the antibiotic ointment. Guess what? Now my cyst is broken and bleeding – making it painful to walk and wear clothes and it is staining my clothing with blood. Dr. Duc Tran didn’t listen to me – especially when I know my own body and I have had experiences with cysts growing on / in my body before.

June 16th, 2011
Doctor Duc Tran is the best doctor in Little Saigon. You couldn't find any doctor that cares and really wants to spend time with patient like he does. Also he's knowledgeable . Right now my whole family will definitely go to doctor Ducs