Dr. Duff Rardin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 25th, 2016
Unimportant visitor status
Okay this will be hard to rate because I only saw him once for maybe four minutes top.Explained to him or thought I did my problems. Sigh. My feet are numb and tingling and I did burn the bottom of one foot so was sent to see if I had nerve damage .Took three months to get a nerve reduction test. Nurse said I believe that I had some nerve damage but I don't understand really what is up haven't even talked to him. He is not good at what he does or how he treats patients I am so glad I read the reviews because most of the people did not have a high option of this man. I can see why. He will not talk. I would like to know from him Please find someone who cares listens and gets back to u PLEASE I still don't know anything about my condition I feel I will be in a wheelchair if this keeps up. He does not care

March 18th, 2016
Women: choose a different Neurologist.
Dr. Rardin was condescending, dismissive and patronizing. To refill my medication took almost a month of phone tag, and when I went to pick it up, it was not correct. When I went back to pick it up, it was not ready as promised and I waited over an hour. Extremely disorganized. Does not answer simple questions or inform patient. I received an appointment for a test that I didn't know he'd even scheduled, much less what the test entailed. It was easy to schedule an appointment, perhaps because no one else wants to see him!

January 24th, 2015
Excelent doctor

May 15th, 2013
Will not help figure out my issue.
I was sent to Rardin, after my cat scan and two years of treatment , to have an MRI, my physician needed. Well Rardin said he thought it was my inner ear so he sent me to have that test done , I had the best score they ever had . my inner ear is perfect. When I go back thinking now he will give me the MRI. However No, he wants to treat me with the medicine my therapist gave me to gain weight . had me split it up and take it 3 times a day. I am in such bad shape I am not able to even drive or take a shower with out falling out of the shower. I am disabled as I am now , but still not good enough for him to give me an MRI. I will be looking for a more qualified and caring neurologist.

March 20th, 2013
Horrible Neurologist!!!
I have to agree with previous reviews. He does not want to spend any time with you figuring out your problem. He doesn’t look at previous CT’s and if he does, he has no idea what he’s looking at. He doesn’t want to hear anything that you have to say regarding your illness. He is rude and self-centered! This man needs to retire. He has no clue what he’s doing!

September 18th, 2012
Best Neuro in Asheville
16 yr patient of Dr. Rardin. If not for his expertise, patient communication skills,and encouragement when treatment options were limited, I wouldn't be ambulating as well as I am. I hope he NEVER retires.

July 20th, 2012
Very thorough and conscientous
We see a lot of doctors and Dr. Rardin is one of the few that I have complete confidence in. He has reviewed every file from every other provider since our last visit. He is a good explainer and very systematic in supporting caregiver and patient in monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of medications. We had to wait months for an initial appointment, but now that we are in practice it is easy to get an appointment on short notice.

December 20th, 2011
very knowledgable, good listener, patient, I did not feel rushed through my appointment

November 22nd, 2011
Always prepared for our visit
Dr. Rardin is one of the few physicians we see who is completely up to date about what has happened with other doctors since our last visit. He is very thorough, clearly explains options and leaves the final decision to the patient and family. I recommend him highly, especially if you are working on something like seizure control that requires family provider partnership and a thoughtful, methodical approach. The office seems to function smoothly; we don't have long waits.

February 18th, 2011
Dr. Rardin is very good

August 12th, 2010
I feel he is a very good doctor. He may be matter of fact, but I don't really care as long as I have someone that makes me feel comfortable. He will call back himself, when I call about any complications I am having due to MS. How many other doctors take the time to do this?

October 6th, 2009
Useless
Horrible man. Dr. Rardin has a very high opinion of himself ($700 for a first time visit)which is completely unjustified. A 15 minute neuro exam, and out the door you go. If you're not a having a stroke right in front of him, don't bother asking him for any help. Seek help elsewhere.